ineluctable

unable to be resisted or avoided; inescapable: the ineluctable facts of history.

early 17th cent.: from Latin ineluctabilis, from in- not + eluctari struggle out.

Oxford Dictionary of English (2nd Edition revised)

I have never wanted to "earn" the title bestowed when one has made 1000 posts. I have always thought it carried a slightly sarcastic edge to it. Anyway, here it is, the day arrived, as they all do eventually...

Well done! And I think the mystery object mentioned in another topic is probably a motorbike carb, though I don't know the brand. On a classic car forum I used to frequent, there was a long-running thread where people posted pictures of obscure parts and challenged the forum to guess what they were.

Well done! And I think the mystery object mentioned in another topic is probably a motorbike carb, though I don't know the brand. On a classic car forum I used to frequent, there was a long-running thread where people posted pictures of obscure parts and challenged the forum to guess what they were.

I think it is an Amal, definitely for a motorcycle/moped. It looks like it bolts onto a reed block?

I think it is an Amal, definitely for a motorcycle/moped. It looks like it bolts onto a reed block?

Does that make your engine sound like an accordion?