Tune And Theme Otm Both Closed And Locked With No Discussion

I'll add my thanks to Jim and to all the folks who made TOTM so much fun. I enjoyed the regular discipline of trying something that was usually outside my comfort zone.

On the other hand, the Concertina Videos & Music subforum is a place where any one of us can post a Tune or Theme Challenge, without the formality of a poll or the intercession of a beleaguered moderator. I'll look forward to a less formal version of the old monthly exchange.

Bob Michel

Near Philly

My thanks, too, Jim. TOTM has had a lot to do with getting me back into playing duet and exploring types of tune I would not otherwise have looked at. As Bob says, there's still a place to post tunes if we want to.

Thanks, yes... was a good incentive to learn some new tunes. I managed to cover at least a few of the TOTMs.

Prompted me to start my facebook 'band/musician' page, though I have no interest in trying to play anywhere other than here at home. So I'll keep trying!

I have had very sore/bad fingers lately and it's been easier for some reason to play my accordion, not the concertina. So I'm waiting to get back to it. If anyone invents a concertina with squishy neoprene buttons or something... let me know.... that would be nice. Nice squishy buttons!

The touch screen stylus that l use for my iPad has a very soft comfortable rubbery ('pneumatic' ?) tip. Something similar, if it existed, might be ideal to form fitted caps to your concertina buttons in order to cushion your finger tips.