English Concertina Beginner Tuition On Youtube

Nytram

Hi everyone

I've been making a few video tutorials for beginners of English concertina and uploading them to YouTube. I'm no great shakes as a player but just wanted to pass on a few helpful hints and tips to get people started.

Here's the link to the first one ...

Next to the video player on the YouTube page there's a link called 'More From This User'. The next few videos can be found there.

Each video is just under 10 mins long.

What do you think? And is there anyone out there who could do some 'Intermediate/Improvers' tutorials?

Regards

Martyn Allen

Ipswich UK

Hi everyone

I've been making a few video tutorials for beginners of English concertina and uploading them to YouTube. I'm no great shakes as a player but just wanted to pass on a few helpful hints and tips to get people started.

What do you think? And is there anyone out there who could do some 'Intermediate/Improvers' tutorials?

Regards

Martyn Allen

Ipswich UK

Martyn

And a fine series it has been. I like it. I've been posting YouTube or any concertina videos since January here only to keep them in one place.:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5232

Profrat of Youtube has also been collecting them on his group page:

http://youtube.com/group/concertina

He is a member of this concertina.net under the name Ratface.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more, and welcome.

Leo

Hi Martyn

Welcome to c.net. I have been watching your videos on YouTube and even though I don't consider myself a beginner I have found them interesting and useful.

I like your concertina. Is it an Aeola with amboyna ends? Very nice.

I look forward to your next videos.

Hi Martyn

Welcome to c.net. I have been watching your videos on YouTube and even though I don't consider myself a beginner I have found them interesting and useful.

I like your concertina. Is it an Aeola with amboyna ends? Very nice.

I look forward to your next videos.

Hi there ... thanks for the kind comments ... it's a tenor/treble Aeola with Rosewood ends and matching bellows ... made by Steve Dickinson (Wheatstone) in 1988 especially for Jenny Cox who lives in the Bristol area and runs regular concertina band workshops.

Regards

Martyn

• 6 months later...

Martyn

Here are all 16 lessons in one place. A nice series of 10 minit lessons on an English concertina. Thank you for your efforts. They are apprecicated.

English Concertina for Beginners Part 1

English Concertina for Beginners Part 2

English Concertina for Beginners Part 3

English Concertina for Beginners Part 4

English Concertina for Beginners Part 5

English Concertina for Beginners Part 6

English Concertina for Beginners Part 7

English Concertina for Beginners Part 8

English Concertina for Beginners Part 9

English Concertina for Beginners Part 10

English Concertina for Beginners Part 11a

English Concertina for Beginners Part 11b

English Concertina for Beginners Part 12 ... What's Inside

English Concertina for Beginners Part 13a

English Concertina for Beginners Part 13b

English Concertina for Beginners Part 14

English Concertina for Beginners Part 15

English Concertina for Beginners Part 16

For those that like this series, here's a hint that may help

Saving Concertina Videos To My Computer; The Easy Way, For viewing at a later date:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6747

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

• 1 year later...

Dick, I have been working from your tutor as well as your tune book. It is very helpful to hear or (even better) see how you are adding accompaniment chords and patterns to the tunes in your book. However, if these are posted on youtube, the focus needs to be on the concertina, not the player. And both a slow speed and normal speed would be great. Thanks for all the help.

Hollis

• 1 year later...

Martyn Allen

Ipswich UK

Martin - this is a really great idea, but the terminology is confusing. The term "English concertina" normally means a concertina with "English fingering", that has the same note on the push and the pull, unlike yours which uses "Anglo fingering" and has different notes on the push and pull. So it would be better if the title of your posts and videos were to refer to the Anglo concertina rather than the English concertina.

All the best - Pam