blauw gaaren en koperdraat :D

marche de la roche bernard :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoPlxhWiGmo&fmt=18

Ireland

Concertina Music

Leo

... Anglo players do not panic.

We don't, generally, do we? ;)

Yes; more up-loads over the next couple of days.

Are you having a competition? ;)

We've invented a new game, called pass the concertina. If it catches on, it could be a bit success at Sidmouth, next year.

I once had an idea to advertise a "World Record Attempt" on the number of melodeon players playing "Speed the Plough" along the seafront, at Sidmouth. It didn't happen, but it was a cunning plan to get them out of the pubs!

... Anglo players do not panic.

We don't, generally, do we? ;)

Yes; more up-loads over the next couple of days.

Are you having a competition? ;)

We've invented a new game, called pass the concertina. If it catches on, it could be a bit success at Sidmouth, next year.

I once had an idea to advertise a "World Record Attempt" on the number of melodeon players playing "Speed the Plough" along the seafront, at Sidmouth. It didn't happen, but it was a cunning plan to get them out of the pubs!

Sounds like fun...if you do it online through youtube you could pass it all round the world. :)

That a contagious concertina tune.

Sounds like fun...if you do it online through youtube you could pass it all round the world. :)

That a contagious concertina tune.

Sounds to me more like a

CLAMOUROUS & CLANGOROUS CONTAGEOUS CONCERTINA CACOPHANY with CATASTROPHIC CAPABILITIES!

:lol:

You may notice that during the playing of this tune and others I recorded on Thursday at Peter's, that I am trying to repair a loose floorboard with my right foot.

I did not successfully complete this work and may have to go back and finish the job.

This first tune came about when Peter handed me his concertina whilst he went off to make coffee This tune came into my head and Peter decided to record it and then do his version.A typical on the spur of the moment decision.

Al

You may notice that during the playing of this tune and others I recorded on Thursday at Peter's, that I am trying to repair a loose floorboard with my right foot.

I've lived here long enough to not bother with things like that, so I keep my right foot still (well, it's about six inches off the floor, anyway!). Oh, the joys of living in a Victorian house.

To save a further posting, here's the "Alan Day Playlist":

http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FA20D040CE695652

There are three more tunes (in both wide-angle, and close-up formats) to be added during the course of today.

Peter. :)

Or maybe an American style ........ unless you refer to the place of recording, in which case you have a Japanese style B)

Oh! PeterT :blink:

Your analysis is always severe...Time, Place, e.t.c.

I feel your analysis style look like Mr.Spock in Star Trek! :P

wakasaobama

Or maybe an American style ........ unless you refer to the place of recording, in which case you have a Japanese style B)

Oh! PeterT :blink:

Your analysis is always severe...Time, Place, e.t.c.

I feel your analysis style look like Mr.Spock in Star Trek! :P

wakasaobama

Oh wakasobama ........ is it the logical arguement, or the ears? :unsure:

I know it's pendantic, but you never know, other people might read this thread, and I wouldn't want to mis-lead. The sad thing about pendants is that we're probably right more times than not.

Regards,

Peter.

PS - I didn't say on the previous post; I like your interpretation of the Bach piece.

Dear PeterT

I only feel you carefully check videos.

I apologize you.... :(

And thank you to watch my videos. :)

I play concertina 5years.

And I play Duet concertina 2years.

I like cinema music, some classics and jazz.

Duet concertina takes me to able to play such category music smooth.

I like duet. (of course anglo too) :)

wakasaobama

I only feel you carefully check videos.

I apologize you.... :(

And thank you to watch my videos. :)

Dear wakasaobama,

Not a problem!

My attention to detail comes from many years doing a variety of jobs where I was expected not to make mistakes ...... but I am only human, and get frustrated by my own errors. Anyway, that's all in the past, and I no longer have that type of stress, but old habits die hard.

Regards,

Peter.

I remember the Broadwood Morris Men dancing to Moncks or Monks March.It was done inside the pub with one pint full beer tankards.Most of the drinking was done in the B part of the tune from memory the tankard was tapped with your partner and then with the person to your side and then drink the beer.There was a slow section where each dancer did a solo always finishing with a gulp of beer.The finale was the tankard was poured over your head and those that had not finished their pint got soaked.Most did however.There were no drink driving laws in those days.

Is this still danced? If anyone wants the full details of this dance I see Harry Mousdell regularly and he will remember the dance.

It was a definite for a Morris Ale Weekend on the Saturday Night.

Al

Thanks for that story, Alan. Morris dancing is finally starting to make some sense to me now.

The reason I started playing the concertina was because I did not fancy dancing, but by strange coincidence it was not long after I played for this dance my dancing activities started.Like you Boney it all became clear.

Al