One more Plaudit for Greg Jowaisas

I just got my Edeophone (EC Tenor/Treble) back from Greg. He did many little things (tuning and leaks) and did them well, but the big changes were new thumb straps, a thorough cleaning of the metal end plates and, most important, a lightening of the action on the whole instrument. That change is remarkable. It has probably increased my playing speed by a good 20 beats per minute. Some difficult things just became easy. I didn't know that sort of adjustment could be done but it can and Greg did a beautiful job. He built me a new case too that is lovely and will properly protect the instrument.

Throughout the project he communicated carefully with me to assure I got the instrument back when I needed it and to tell me how things were going. When his computer went down he called me about details. When one thing was not right when I got the instrument he was mortified, and talked me through the simple fix. When I accidentally sent him too big a check he let me know and returned the difference.

In short a fine repair job carried out with great care and attention to detail. I had the instrument worked on years ago by a shop that will remain nameless and the results were much less satisfying. If you need work done (in the US) I could not recommend a person more.

He also refurbishes and sells used instruments and after what he did for mine I'd certainly recommend him as a source. The prices are good too.

And, I seldom write this sort of message and nobody's asked me to or paid me to write it. I'm just so well satisfied I thought others would like to know.

Chuck Boody

Edited by cboody