Christmas Concertina - New Tunebook For Anglo

gcoover

If you order before Dec. 1st then Gary's book is eligible for Amazon.com's Black Friday book deal (code: BOOKDEAL) to get 30% off.

So, the price would be US$15.75 plus shipping, etc ...

Oooh this looks great. Which tutor books uses this tablature system?

I think the 1a-10 part is described here

http://jodykruskal.com/tune_of_the_month/fly_around_assets/Concertina_tab_explaination.pdf

but the layout is a bit different.

Yes, the link above is the tab system that I used for awhile, but Gary's system is superior in all regards. I've been using it for a few years now and it is clear, simple and much easier to read.

Great book, Gary!

I ordered from Amazon and it arrived yesterday, in less than 24 hours from when I placed the order!

It will give me somethong fun to do at the Xmas gathering with the in laws this year.

Ken

ps what's this about a Hawaiian domicile?? I did notice the shirt on your youtube videos!

• 6 years later...

Thank you Gary, for a nice Christmas songbook.

This year, I am  uploading my interpretation from your "Christmas Concertina" on YouTube, a tune a day, in the spirit of a good tradition of Advent Calendar, though I am 7 years behind this topic. 

Are  there any other good Christmas songs that became public-domain after the publication of your book? I am curious. 

Gen Totani

• Like 3

Great playing Gtotani!  I like how you take your time with each of the songs; makes for very pleasant listening :)

Gary, you're right, everyone can use some of this uplifting music right now.  I'm getting this book too, so that I can offer a little bit around here!

Edited by Nabio
  • Like 1

Thank you very very much Gary and Nabio for the compliment! 

No, I did not pick up only 30 out of 50. Remaining 20 tunes coming up! A tune a day. 

That means, all 50 tunes will be on my YouTube Playlist by December 20th. 

After that until Christmas, I might go for Bonus track, like "Ashen Fagott Wassail" from "The Anglo Concertina of John Watcham" and others.  :)

"Merry Christmas Darling" is a bit challenging. I will have to keep it till Christmas 2021!

Totani

Edited by gtotani

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Merry Christmas to you all. 

I have revisited Gary's Christmas Concertina book again this year, with a new gear. 

Harold Herrington's square concertina "Hercules".

This year, I have included "Merry Christmas Darling" as well. (only this one is played on Minstrel)

I hope you enjoy. 

Happy Christmas and stay safe. 

Totani

Edited by gtotani
  • Like 3