Dating a Crabb

fleadh322

I bought a Crabb anglo 38key. I am interested in when it was made. It is stamped with J.Crabb and son makers London. It looks like a Jeffries. I've opened some of it up but couldn't see anything. There is no serial number. Is there a specific place inside where more information could be found, e.g. inside bellows? Any help would be great.

I bought a Crabb anglo 38key. I am interested in when it was made. It is stamped with J.Crabb and son makers London. It looks like a Jeffries. I've opened some of it up but couldn't see anything. There is no serial number. Is there a specific place inside where more information could be found, e.g. inside bellows? Any help would be great.

Photos would be very helpful here.

In the absence of a number, if the insrument is marked 'J Crabb and Son', which is not that common, then it could have been made at any time between 1870 and 1903.

A four digit number may be found either in pencil or impressed in the inside of the bellows frames.

Be interesting to me to know if the mark is actually stamped or engraved.

Geoff

Over the years I've never dated a Crabb... :lol:

Sorry, just too much to resist.

Well, now I cannot resist any longer !

Geoff - are u free Fursday for a quick squeeze in the smoker's shed dahn at the B Stortford Dog and Duck ? I've arksed 'em to get in extra Champagne Perry. Kaffleen (my favourite and yours)is free (but we'll have to keep an eye out coz that ITM boyfriend may turn up to drag her home, and you know how he flails about). But Maggie May said she is already tied up with Tallship(s)in the Old Bull and Bush by the Albert Dock, on de Merzee.

get practising - as if you need to :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHPUlp4rgas

• 1 month later...

Hi. Geoffrey (Crabb), I'm sorry I have to contact you through concertina.net but I tried emailing you about my crabb to give you more information but there was a problem with the sending of the email. It would be great if you could give me your email to clarify I've got the right one. My email is oftennis@gmail.com. Thanks.

Hi. Geoffrey (Crabb), I'm sorry I have to contact you through concertina.net but I tried emailing you about my crabb to give you more information but there was a problem with the sending of the email. It would be great if you could give me your email to clarify I've got the right one. My email is oftennis@gmail.com. Thanks.

Address on it way

Geoff