Current makes of concertina

Thanks, Stephen! Since he has no web site, I have linked to your post from his listings in the list at the top of this thread.

Added Jose Claro in the vintage/traditional category.

And here's his flyer:

scan0006.jpgscan0007.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know if Wheatstone is actually delivering new instruments anymore? There seem to be people who have put down deposits many years ago and have little prospect of ever taking delivery.

Does anyone know if Wheatstone is actually delivering new instruments anymore? There seem to be people who have put down deposits many years ago and have little prospect of ever taking delivery.

Unfortunately, I think that was already true when I first compiled this list in 2009...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kay Albrecht of aaccordion.com makes concertina with accordion reeds and has one for sale now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/162680329778

McNeela music now lists Phoenix (not Wakker phoenix) and Swan concertina instead of Swallow concertina.

Taka--

Thanks for the info. I will try to find time to update the list within the next few days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing the list and all the information! I'm currently playing a Wren from McNeela and really enjoying it, but I know I'll need to upgrade sometime. May I save the list somewhere for future reference?

May I save the list somewhere for future reference?

No need to do that, unless you expect to be without internet.

This thread is pinned as a permanent item in the General Concertina Discussion subforum. If you go directly to the subforum itself (rather than just looking in New Content), this thread is at the top of the menu, and the list (in the very first post) is continually updated. (If you make a copy of the list, it could go out of date, but looking at it here insures that it's always current.)

• 4 months later...

Wondering if anyone has a direct knowledge of the McNeela Phoenix anglos? Yes, I have read some of the other threads on CN about issues this company has raised, but I'm interested in the Phoenix model since it's in a price range I can actually afford and I think has the speed to play Irish music. Questions: 1) Are they made in Ireland or Czechia or China? Are they part of a trend which seems to be Chinese-made but then replace the reed pan with better reeds? Are the buttons plastic or delrin? (in my experience, delrin feels more like bone and has a better grip). I've read about the Czech reeds which, in the one video I've seen, sound pretty good... at least as good as a Morse Ceili. It's listed as being 900 grms... which seems very light. wonder if anyone who's actually played one can confirm this?

Many thanks!