What's This About Monkeys Anyway?

The turkey has landed?   :D

Very eagle-eyed of you Jim ! :rolleyes:

It must have been all that monkeyin' around with the site last night ! :P

Anyway, Paul reckons to have fixed it :

Some other settings may have been reset (like the max file/photo upload setting which I just increased back to a larger value to allow more photo uploads per user

So let's try again :

post-436-1113904127_thumb.jpg

(Photo edited.)

Edited by Stephen Chambers

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Bob Dylan (whose Zimmermann ancestors probably came from Chemnitz) has got in on the act :

Well, its always been my nature to take chances My right hand drawing back while my left hand advances Where the current is strong and the monkey dances To the tune of a concertina

Blood dryin in my yellow hair as I go from shore to shore I know what it is that has drawn me to your door But whatever it could be, makes you think youve seen me before Angelina

ANGELINA (Words and Music by Bob Dylan) 1981 Special Rider Music

Interesting grip and keyboard for the right hand, no?

Well, I have met melodeon players who play like that, with a tight thumb loop on the back of the keyboard, especially when playing standing without a shoulder strap, though I certainly prefer a more normal loop that allows me to keep my thumb pressed against the edge of the keyboard and my fingers straighter, but then I have to rest the treble end on my knee.

The figure of the busker is actually very well observed, and not as fanciful as you might think, as witnessed by the later (copyright) photograph that can be seen here. You might almost think it could be the same man in later life !

Oh Stephen,

The hat, the hat.

Please tell me that you are getting the hat and gonna play your instruments while wearing it.

Eagerly awaiting your reply,

Helen :lol:

Helen,

I tried it before, but the Doctor told me to give it up, I kept getting this ringing in my ears ! :D

(Old Music Hall gag. They don't make them like they used to ............... :rolleyes: )

"Doctor - I keep hearing music whenever I go outdoors"

"I can fix that"

- - -

"Wonderful Doctor - what did you do?"

"I took the band out of your hat"

(boom boom)

(Challenge - any older jokes than that one?)

Edited by Rod Thompson

Oh you guys are so funny.

I've been off the internet for the last few days as I am hurriedly writing two grants. Actually, I'll be doing that over the weekend too. So I just saw the poster for the *organ grinder* , did you guys notice that?

I love the jokes.

Keep 'em coming.

Helen

Can't you get a note from your doctor so you can wear the hat? I really think that it is you. Course you think I have a monkey on my shoulder.

... I don't think I've seen too many images of monkeys with concertina players.

Perry,

You might be beginning to feel differently at this stage ? Here's yet another one that has just come up on eBay.

post-436-1113904449_thumb.jpg

The association between monkeys and squeeze boxes of various persuasions seems pretty deeply ingrained in the collective psyche.

(Photo edited.)

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Here's yet another one that has just come up on eBay.

The association between monkeys and squeeze boxes of various persuasions seems pretty deeply ingrained in the collective psyche.

Is it really?

Seems to me that for every monkey-with-concertina on eBay there are a dozen frogs, a dozen teddy bears, two dozen little girls, and three dozen clowns.

What seem to be lacking are "normal" people with concertinas.

...... Hmm. B)