German Speaking Detailed Web Page

Terence

Hello,

Sorry if this link is already known here. I thought it was interesting to post.
From "weltsauerstoff" youtube channels, I found this page http://dicta.bplaced.net/konzertina/ where detailed musical informations are given in order to play a 20 buttons concertina (he has a Silvetta).

German speaking page, but some on-line translation can help !

I was personnaly impressed by the harmonic style.
Have a good day,

Terence

Hi, Terence,

Thanks for the link! I agree, this does seem to be a good resource. A very practical approach that tells you the things that I had to work out for myself on my first German concertina back in the Middle Ages, when there was no Internet.

Of course, you have to read German to appreciate it - but on the other hand, most forum members who don't read German will most likely be British or American, and more likely to play 20-button Anglo-German, single-reeded concertinas than the double-reeded German concertina. Also, the resource deals with the typical German playing style, which is probably not every Brit's thing.

Cheers,

John

• 3 months later...

the resource deals with the typical German playing style

Hi, John!

Could you go a bit more into detail on this subject? What is the 'typical German playing style'? I mean, the concertina is not a widespread instrument in Germany and there is no specific german concertina playing tradition. But I guess your remark was a bit more about general playing style. I'd like to hear your thoughts about the matter, because you have both the perspective from the outside and the insight from the inside. :)

This guy is a good player, and makes some of the best arrangements for the 20 buttons anglo out there, with a nice, full sound. I tend to play in a similar style - I would have loved to have such a page available a few years ago. It's a good synthesis, and I like the fact that he shows the player what notes are available on the push and on the pull separately - understanding the instrument as having two keyboards (one on the push and one on the pull) is key to progress.

Sebastian--

There is a German tradition, but on larger concertinas. For example, see http://www.musikwissenschaft.uni-wuerzburg.de/instrumente/organologie/doku/konzertina/konzertina-spielen/konzertina-spieler and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpGXp6y5B6U .

the resource deals with the typical German playing style

Hi, John!

Could you go a bit more into detail on this subject? What is the 'typical German playing style'? I mean, the concertina is not a widespread instrument in Germany and there is no specific german concertina playing tradition. But I guess your remark was a bit more about general playing style. I'd like to hear your thoughts about the matter, because you have both the perspective from the outside and the insight from the inside. :)

Edited by Daniel Hersh