How To Attach Photos/thumbnails To A Reply

I have tried to attach photos to a reply with no success. Suggestions?

When writing in this Forum you have a window below "Attach files" but this option seems not to come

up in the other common Forums when writing a reply

This forum provides a limited amount of space per user for uploaded files, and I used up my allotment years ago. Now if I want to post a picture I find someplace else to upload it and then click the icon in this interface that looks like a picture frame and put the url there. I have been using dropbox, but dropbox has announced that all its “public folder” links will break on March 15th (beware the ides of March). So all the graphics I have posted here since I ran out of space will disappear.

• 4 months later...

Another site I use suggests that you upload your JPG to https://postimage.org/ and you’ll be given a URL - it will also give you the thumbnail code as well.

This is a book I just bought for example

omb319.jpg

if you click on the image, it takes you to the postimage site for the full version.

You can also get a direct link and wrap it in img tags or use the insert image button to get the full version directly:

omb319.jpg

I am sure there are other sites that offer the same facilities.

Edited by Pianist

Another site I use suggests that you upload your JPG to https://postimage.org/ and you’ll be given a URL - it will also give you the thumbnail code as well.

This is a book I just bought for example

omb319.jpg

if you click on the image, it takes you to the postimage site for the full version.

You can also get a direct link and wrap it in img tags or use the insert image button to get the full version directly:

omb319.jpg

I am sure there are other sites that offer the same facilities.

Thanks for this - This is now working for me.

My main issue was that my adblocker was stopping some of the javascript working - but this is vey helpful :) Thanks!

• 1 month later...

There is a 40 button Anglo in For Sale on this site .H ow do you get pictures like this on to the site ? Bob

If the picture is already posted on the web, you need only link to it. Copy the URL of the image (right-clicking or equivalent should bring up an option to do so), then in the posting window here, click the little square green icon above that looks like a framed painting. Paste the URL into the window that pops up.

Looks like you also had trouble linking to “this site,” however, as your post contains no clue what site you’re talking about. Copy the URL of the site in question (from the field at the top of the browser window). In the window here, select a word or two in your post (e.g.., “this site”) and click the icon that looks like chain links with a plus sign. Again, paste and click OK. The selected words become the link.