Argentinian Bandoneon And What Else?

Dear Concertina Players I would like to ask all of you some advice. I am hoping to put togeather a paper for this website, would all of you novices and experts contribute please. The paper will be written so that anyone interested in any type of squeeze box can gain the information they need in order that they choose the right instrument.

For example should an Anglo Player also play English, what are the limitation of learning both. :o

If a Tango Bandoneon player wants to extend on to other instruments then what esle would you recommend, Anglo and Melodeon?

another reason i am also asking is because without you expert opinions then players in general might make costly mistakes. As a Pianist I once made a costly mistake in buying a Harpsichord just to find out my pianistic technique was not compatible with that needed for the Harpsichord and one hindered the other.

I am also asking for all of you advice because I am interested in the Tango 72 key Bandoeon and I need something to play my Bavarian and Beer Keller music on, would it be easy to play the Bandonion and the C/F Melodeon as well, or would it be better to choose the Piano or Chromatic Accordion.

If 72 key Bandoneon and 74 key are not compatible then what is?

Should a Bandoneon player also learn an Anglo or English, which is best. Do you reccomend the chromatic B or C system accordions.

If can gather enough information then I hope that Concertina.net will put the paper on thier website to help anyone chose the right instrument or instruments that they need to cover thier styles. The squeeze box is a mine field, your expertise and knowledge is valuable to all those people that might need your experience. While I was originally only curious about this for myself, why not let everyone share in what you can offer. The paper will be written as a joint effort. On behlaf of this wesite, only with agreement.

I thank you all in advance. :)

Yours with the Kindest of regards

Scott Dunstan Esq.

BAMus (HONS)

L. R. A. M

Ethnomusicologist

scott.lute@blueyonder.co.uk

Edited by ScottLutePlayer