For Sale Lachenal 20 Buttons (And Trade For Stagi)

papawemba

I finally decide to sell my Lachenal, I definitely don't have time (family taking over)

and feel bad to see it out of the drawer 2 hours a month.

It is professionally restored and bought from thereedlounge a few month ago.

Steel reeds, bone buttons, 5 folds, sweet tone, Lachenal case.

Here is a video to have an idea (complete beginner and smartphone recorder): https://youtu.be/zE2I30MRc3Y

[The trade option is off :-)]

I sell it for 450 euros 400 euros + shipping. I live in Belgium.

Best

Nicolas

post-12606-0-43764600-1513158412_thumb.jpg

post-12606-0-97660900-1513158416_thumb.jpg

post-12606-0-18487200-1513158423_thumb.jpg

post-12606-0-77474000-1513158427_thumb.jpg

post-12606-0-35003500-1513158433_thumb.jpg

post-12606-0-28426900-1513158437_thumb.jpg

Edited by papawemba

Thank Wolf, I was expecting this kind of reaction :D

The problem is really I don't have time and guitar is my first instrument... I wanted to invest myself in concertina but that will be for another life.

If I want a concertina laying around just for 2 hours/month of fun, I prefer to be a Stagi B)

Of course it's your decision, but I really think you would regret selling a nice vintage instrument and replacing it with a modern one. You will find that the tone, action, bellows, and general feeling of it in your hands will not be the same. I own a 20b Lachenal and although it is "cheap and cheerful" compared to my other two boxes, it is fun to play and has a special charm. You never know what's round the corner. In 6 months, you may find time to play it again. 10 minutes a day can always be found.

My son is in a similar position with his 6 string Sandberg bass. Beautiful instrument, but no time to play it - but he won't be this busy all his life and he knows he will never find another if he sells it.

I thought the tone of your concertina in the video was exceptional. I don't play Anglo and, for a moment, I thought about buying it.

Maybe you could find someone in your family or friends, a youngster perhaps, who would play it while you accompanied on guitar.

You might change somebody's life.

I thought the tone of your concertina in the video was exceptional.

Don, I -- and apparently you -- prefer the sound of vintage English-construction concertinas to those of German-style construction and reeds. But there are some -- even a few who post here -- whose preference is the reverse. I'm not clear from NIcolas' posts which is his preference -- if either, -- since his main stated concern is air. We should keep in mind that among others, Bertram Levy is said to prefer the sound of his Stagi to that of our favorite vintage instruments.

Jim

I don't really object to the Stagi sound, but I love the warm, smooth, liquid tone that some of these old 20 button Lachenals have - clacking levers and all.

The sound of the OPs concertina reminded me of Sqzbxr's 20 button tuned in 1/4 comma meantone playing Sally Gardens.

Sigh, now you have got me thinking of buying it again! A little too much Jameson's this evening I suppose...

Don.

Thanks Don, this is good advertising for thereedlounge :-)

Playing with someone in the family would be a dream !

But I am the only one playing an instrument :-/ (And I have a big family)

Yes I really like the sound of my Lachenal ! Again, I don't have time to play.

And I don't like to have a good instrument in the drawer (I am not a collector).

This also happen with guitar ! I sold my favorite guitar (a Martin) and kept my old cheaper guitar.

And I still have fun and don’t really care if a children run into it ;-)

Concerning the Stagi sound,I can't tell as I didn't really try them.

From video, I like the sound of B1 and not the C range too much.

I like the german concertina sound but difficult to find (Silvetta stopped business...) and don’t trust those old Scholer without trying them.

• 3 weeks later...