Squeezers - A New Project

Jim Besser and I have organized what we hope will be a new musical venture... Squeezers.

The group is made up of me on English, Jim and Craig Packard on Anglo, and Gus Voorhees on Melodion.As Jim describes it:

Featuring traditional tunes from different cultures, jazz and pop standards, tangos, English music hall and Yiddish songs with squeeebox accompaniment and more, we celebrate the incredible versatility of bellows-driven free-reed instruments.

Our first gig is on June 2nd at the Washington DC Folk Society Music Festival in Glen Echo Park, MD. http://fsgw.org/myorgnet/public.php?NoTitle=1&Org=fsgw&ProgramID=10

Visit our FB Page https://www.facebook.com/DCsqueezers

Oh and by the way...Ein Lanu Z'man is performing the same day at the festival also. :rolleyes:

rss

Edited by Randy Stein

IT's really fun playing with Randy - he hasn't done trad music, I've never done jazz and pop. Suspect it's an educational process for both of us.

BTW, Randy is an amazing player. I've heard a lot of good English concertinists, and nobody has anything on him.

If you're in the Washington area on June 2, stop by the festival; two days of great music, and a few concertinas here and there.

I'm glad to hear Randy has recovered enough from his surgery for a new adventure; especially enough to consider starting another group. It would be worth my while just to plan a trip to hear you guys! Congradulations to the Squeezers!. Shelly

Jim has lived a very sheltered existence. Actually all the players, especially Mr. Besser, are a tribute to their music and the instrument. I think Jim and I both are surprised how well everything, so far, is melding together. Such different styles and instruments but we are finding ways to make it all come together.

rss

Jim has lived a very sheltered existence. Actually all the players, especially Mr. Besser, are a tribute to their music and the instrument. I think Jim and I both are surprised how well everything, so far, is melding together. Such different styles and instruments but we are finding ways to make it all come together.

rss

I hope you'll consider posting a sample for those of us that have no chance of ever getting to see you live to hear, Randy?