Rather Expensive Cd For Sale On Ebay!

Chris Drinkwater

I see someone is selling a brand new copy of Sarah Graves CD, Black Boxes on Ebay, for the astonishing price of £95.00, plus. Perhaps they mean £9.50, which would be more like it. I bought my own copy direct from Sarah's partner Mick Graves, many years ago for around a tenner, I seem to remember.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Boxes-Tunes-and-Songs-Featuring-the-English-Concertina-/310896103668?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item4862da10f4

Chris

some of this is done ridiculously, clownishly, by analytic software, which uses idiot algorithms to assign preposterous "values" to items based on the hits (interpreted by the software as "not valuable") versus lack of hits (interpreted by the software as "rare, hence commanding of high prices"). this is rife on amazon's "used" listings.

yes, i was pining for a copy of "black boxes" myself here on the site and some kind person told ms. graves, who indicated through the cnet poster that she could sell me a copy....this transpired about five minutes after i located one online and had purchased. what a neat cd, full of lovely playing and taste...plus, there's that whole, "aeola on these tracks, edeo on those tracks" thing going on---the track #s were listed on a thread here on cnet, can't find it right now, but that's fascinating as well to connoisseurs of EC tone...

I wouldn't mind a copy!! Any hints?

you could try visiting sarah's website:

www.sarahgraves.co.uk

There doesn't appear to be a way to order the CD at the website, or even to view a track list. Several mentions and images of it, but none is a link. One would have to contact her directly.