East Kent Concertina Players (EKCP) is a group welcoming players of all concertina systems at any level of ability.
We meet between 1pm and 5pm on the second Sunday of the month at Blean Village Hall, near Canterbury, Kent, UK.
Our next session is on Sunday 9th October at 1pm. Please see the website for details (http://www.ekcp.uk).
- Warm Up: Get those fingers going with a warm-up tune played together.
- Party Pieces: A chance to play a solo tune or two. Demo any tune or song you have been learning.
- Session: A slow session where we go around the room with each person choosing a tune, setting the pace and inviting the group to join in. Since we have a range of abilities it would be worth having some printed sheets for tunes to get us going. I'm happy to print music out in advance if anyone would like to send me their tune choice a few days before a meeting. (email@example.com)
- Playing By Ear: A short session (10 minutes) where one of the members will teach a tune to the group by ear. This involves slowly playing short phrases and building up to larger parts. We will have printed music as a back up to help.
- Tea Break: Tea, Coffee, Biscuits and a chance to natter about all things concertina!
EKCP Tune Book Part Playing: Here we take some of the EKCP tunes which are written with multiple parts and play together. For each tune we'll take turns to set the pace and lead/conduct the group.
Edited by dan_w, 04 October 2016 - 01:13 AM.