Sidmouth Folk Week - An Invitation To The Dark Side!

Ed Rennie

Hi all

My how time flies!

I'm here once again to do a bit of missionary work.

Happily I am once again running both Absolute Beginners and Improvers Melodeon workshops every afternoon from Monday 4th Aug to Friday 8th Aug at Sidmouth Folk Week. Both series will be progressive, so very advisable to start at the beginning.

They are at a new venue this year, The Kingswood Room at the Devoran and Kingswood Hotel on the Esplanade.

There are two Absolute Beginners workshops, just so I can fit them all in:

Workshop I: 16:15 - 17:00

Workshop II: 17:15 - 18:00

No need to be able to read music, but you will need access to a D/G melodeon though, thanks to Spinningpath Arts CIC, I shall have a banks of about 12 melodeons available for those who would like to try out the melodeon, but don't have access to one. They shall be allocated by means of a lottery, forms for which will be available from the Box Office on The Ham. SO it's an ideal opportunity to find out what "those people" have been on about!

The Improvers Workshops (if you are already a closet member of "those people") is where we look at different techniques and sneaky stuff for showing off. They are at 14:45 - 16:00 each day.

Again music reading is not necessary, but you will need access to a D/G melodeon and be able to play a few tunes with simple bass accompaniment.

So there we are, tell the world! You never know, someone might be interested ...

Ed:-)

• 9 months later...