Anglo Identification Help Please

mikey123abc

Hi everyone.

Ye, I am another novice who just bought my first an old anglo concertina, and would like help identifying the history and maker etc.

both ends are quite damaged, and will need serious repairs. I would like to know what I am working with, as it will affect how I go about doing the repairs.

the only marking which I can find which may indicate a maker, is a crest of some sort stamped into the timber ends. (photo uploaded).

thanks in advance for any help given.

I have already gleaned a lot of great information about what I have, from this excellent site.

Mike

post-12056-0-21435100-1452554557_thumb.jpg

post-12056-0-12814700-1452554582_thumb.jpg

... the only marking which I can find which may indicate a maker, is a crest of some sort stamped into the timber ends. (photo uploaded).

Those appear to be the Royal Arms of the British monarchy, but I don't suppose they made it... ;)

More likely they're intended to suggest a Patent claim, seeing that such are granted by the monarch.

thanks for the replies guys.

I think I will go ahead and re-construct/replace the timber ends.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't have some hugely valuable and historically significant concertina (as if ;-)), before I go ahead and modify it to make it playable again !

I only paid $50 for it.

Repairing old instruments to make them useable again is something that I enjoy, but I wouldn't want to modify a valuable instrument, hence the reason for my post.

thanks

Mike