Josefin's Waltz

Ptarmigan

Inspired by David Hansen's lovely multi-tracked Emma's Waltz yesterday, I decided to have a crack at it, using Garage Band, on my new iMac & this is the result:

Josefin's Waltz

I just used the system's Mic, but I suspect I could get a much better sound quality, if I could only work out how to connect my own stereo Mic to my iMac. :unsure:

By the way, I'm playing my Aeola Baritone / Treble & my Sobell Mandolin.

Cheers,

Dick

Inspired by David Hansen's lovely multi-tracked Emma's Waltz yesterday, I decided to have a crack at it, using Garage Band, on my new iMac & this is the result:

Josefin's Waltz

I just used the system's Mic, but I suspect I could get a much better sound quality, if I could only work out how to connect my own stereo Mic to my iMac. :unsure:

By the way, I'm playing my Aeola Baritone / Treble & my Sobell Mandolin.

Cheers,

Dick

Enjoyed that. tks

Full proper title, is Josefin's Dopvals, meaning christening waltz. You concertina sounded a bit too strident to me, Dick. :(

Yes I know Chris, but this was just my first attempt to record with Garage Band & the Mic on the iMac is, I think, mostly designed for voice.

I haven't worked out how to connect a real Mic to my iMac yet, so hopefully when I do, it'll do a better job.

I also had the Concertina track's sound level way down low.

Anyway, with a bit of luck my next effort will be a little more successful.

Cheers,

Dick

Ah-ha! I knew that I'd heard it somewhere before. I have a lovely version of this on a CD by Alastair Fraser(violin) and Natalie Haas (cello) called Fire and Grace

Here's a youtube - much overwhelmed by audience noise!

(edited to get the cellists name right!)

Edited by spindizzy

I have a lovely version of this on a CD by Alastair Fraser and Natalie Haas called Fire and Grace

Ah yes, a pair of real master musicians, those two, although I find that Cello version hard to beat. B)

Cheers,

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

I have a lovely version of this on a CD by Alastair Fraser and Natalie McMasters called Fire and Grace

Ah yes, a pair of real master musicians, those two, although that Cello version is hard to beat. B)

Cheers,

Dick

Agreed, though I'm also fond of the version on Ralph Jordan's CD. It's a (deservedly) popular tune.

Ah-ha! I knew that I'd heard it somewhere before. I have a lovely version of this on a CD by Alastair Fraser and Natalie McMasters called Fire and Grace

For the record :rolleyes:, Natalie Haas, not "McMasters", is the cellist on this recording and the youtube video.

Ah-ha! I knew that I'd heard it somewhere before. I have a lovely version of this on a CD by Alastair Fraser and Natalie McMasters called Fire and Grace

For the record :rolleyes:, Natalie Haas, not "McMasters", is the cellist on this recording and the youtube video.

Ooops - of course you're right .... confusion reigns, I'll correct my earlier post.

Thanks for noticingunsure.gif