Edeophone Ring Of Confidence

I have come up with a compact device that helps prevent edeos rolling off table tops. It consists of a ring of cordage, currently 6mm diameter but better to be a bit more, that is placed on the table for the concertina to sit in (see photos). It is not foolproof at the current cordage size but gives a great deal of stability, is very light and fits easily in the bag or box.

Dick.post-2931-0-75126100-1497182950_thumb.jpgpost-2931-0-97717300-1497182981_thumb.jpg

Is this tale of Edeophones rolling off tables a myth, a theoretical possibility or a reality?

I never had any problems when I had an Edeophone and I've never met anyone who knew of an actual occasion when it happened.

Does anyone know of an Edeophone that really rolled?

Is this tale of Edeophones rolling off tables a myth, a theoretical possibility or a reality?

I never had any problems when I had an Edeophone and I've never met anyone who knew of an actual occasion when it happened.

Not of their own accord, more than likely knocked off an edge, or set into motion.

I had one roll down a hill (or was it pushed?) towards a bonfire.... I got there in time.

Steve

My first real concertina was an Edeophone. At that time I worked in a Pub where the bar had been originally build as a cow byre, the floors slopped and there were very few flat or reasonably horizontal surfaces. Not too much of a problem with pints spilling but a couple of near miss moments for the Edeo.

I made something similar for my Lute backed Hurdy Gurdy... from a length of central heating pipe insulation bent into an oval ring.

Edited by Geoff Wooff

I know of two occurrences. At least, that was what both customers told me had happened, though I wasn't actually there at the time, Your Worship. However I had no reason to disbelieve either of them!

Both had one end so badly shattered that they required a new raised ebony end to be made; a job beyond my ability, but passed on to, and successfully completed by, Colin Dipper.

Edited by malcolm clapp