Rock Star Summer!

Hello Everyone!!

I just returned from a three week tour around the United States with my band. I've had the best traveled summer of my life and the most musical one as well.

In June, I left Texas for Arran Island, where I met Samantha (who intoduced me to this sight), and I got the opportunity to play in many sessions.

From August 6-27, I played in the US. We covered Portland, Seattle, Missoula and Bozeman (Montana), Denver, Akron (Ohio), Brooklyn, Bridgeport (Connecticut), Athens (Georgia), New Orleans, Houston, Winnesboro (TX). We ended up the tour with a CD release party in our home: Denton, Texas.

Thank you, America and Scotland. Man, New Orleans if freaking TRASHED. It's pretty stunning to see so much devastation and so little rebuilding (except for restaurants and bars and whatnot.)

If you'd like to check out my band, Warren Jackson Hearne and the Merrie Murdre of Gloomadeers, here's our MySpace profile. We've got a few songs posted online. www.myspace/gloomadeer

I primarily play upright bass in the band, but I also play concertina and melodica on some songs. If you live in any of the above US places and heard about an invading horde of Gypsy/Folk musicians with a gimp-masked concertina player/bassist, then that was the gig I'm with.

Here's a link to a cool video with some concertina: http://www.wolfe-stone.com/videos.html

Click on Gloomadeers, "Clove Queen."

Cheers!

From August 6-27, I played in the US. We covered Portland, Seattle, Missoula and Bozeman (Montana), Denver, Akron (Ohio), Brooklyn, Bridgeport (Connecticut), Athens (Georgia), New Orleans, Houston, Winnesboro (TX). We ended up the tour with a CD release party in our home: Denton, Texas.

sorry i missed you when you were here. maybe you guys can play olympia next time.

do you have any photos of the band with the concertina?