Southeast Usa?

All Southeasterners!

I had an idea on the sketchboard about having a "squeeze-in" for us Southeasterners! I'd love to get just a little idea of how many people, roughly, that live in the southeast and would like to have such a thing. My mother, well practicaly my entire family, runs the Southern Classic Feis in Augusta, GA. And, while she has not said yes, I thought it would be nice to have a get together on a friday. Firday the entire auditorium is empty just waiting for someone to use it, except for a music competition (only open to registered irish dancers! sorry guys!) But that doesn't stop us from having one of our own!? haha! Just leave a name and a location and any ideas you may have! :rolleyes:

I am not certain the music competitions are strictly for Irish Dancers. I have been to several Feisianna where the music competitors were definately not dancers.

All Southeasterners!

I had an idea on the sketchboard about having a "squeeze-in" for us Southeasterners! I'd love to get just a little idea of how many people, roughly, that live in the southeast and would like to have such a thing.  My mother, well practicaly my entire family, runs the Southern Classic Feis in Augusta, GA.  And, while she has not said yes, I thought it would be nice to have a get together on a friday.  Firday the entire auditorium is empty just waiting for someone to use it, except for a music competition (only open to registered irish dancers! sorry guys!) But that doesn't stop us from having one of our own!? haha! Just leave a name and a location and any ideas you may have!  :rolleyes:

I am not certain the music competitions are strictly for Irish Dancers.  I have been to several Feisianna where the music competitors were definately not dancers.

All Southeasterners!

I had an idea on the sketchboard about having a "squeeze-in" for us Southeasterners! I'd love to get just a little idea of how many people, roughly, that live in the southeast and would like to have such a thing.  My mother, well practicaly my entire family, runs the Southern Classic Feis in Augusta, GA.  And, while she has not said yes, I thought it would be nice to have a get together on a friday.  Firday the entire auditorium is empty just waiting for someone to use it, except for a music competition (only open to registered irish dancers! sorry guys!) But that doesn't stop us from having one of our own!? haha! Just leave a name and a location and any ideas you may have!  :rolleyes:

That's true for some feisianna Bob. But in Augusta, we prefer that the competitors be irish dancers. To protect the competition from a professional comming and blowing the beginners out of the water! As we all know, the list of professional irish musicians is becoming endangered! So we try to encourage beginners. But maybe, Bob, we could have two levels of competition (Beginner & Advanced Beginner) But as I say this is only on the sketchboard...

That's true for some feisianna Bob.  But in Augusta, we prefer that the competitors be irish dancers.  To protect the competition from a professional comming and blowing the beginners out of the water! As we all know, the list of professional irish musicians is becoming endangered! So we try to encourage beginners. But maybe, Bob, we could have two levels of competition (Beginner & Advanced Beginner)  But as I say this is only on the sketchboard...

I see.

Alex and I entered together a recent feis...we came in second....my wig came off in the middle of a tune.

>Alex and I entered together a recent feis...we came in second...

>.my wig came off in the middle of a tune

Flipped your wig, did ya, Bob? What was the tune? It musta been a peach..

Edited by Jim Besser