Anglo Aeola Concertina, 40 Keys In C/g By Wheatstone

Tad52

Anglo Aeola concertina by Wheatstone in C/G with 40 keys including a drone button giving C in both directions plus an air button. The instrument is tuned to A440 with 8 fold bellows supplied with a lined hard case. The righthand frame is stamped R 7a, indicating that this is a model 7a, i.e. Aeola. Wheatstone sales ledger SD04 confirms that this is a 7a, and gives a sale date of 8 April 1972.

The bellows bear an internal label "Vervaadig dear: Wimpie croukamp 012 3794601" and an inscription 1/4/0003. This may be Dutch or Afrikaans. This label may confirm that the bellows have been replaced at some time, as possibly implied by the bellows being 8 fold rather than 6.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192029103261?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Reason for sale - too complicated for my small brain! I ams also selling a bass viol, tenor shawm and a quartet of cornamusen (if I am permitted to mention these).

I am in the north-west of England if anyone wishes to "try before you buy".

I will to course make a donation to concertina.net in the event that the ultimate buyer first learnt about the instrument on this site. I should have listed this instrument on this site first, but I have already listed it on Ebay.

post-12361-0-90057700-1479549350_thumb.jpg

Quote: "Vervaadig dear: Wimpie croukamp 012 3794601" and an inscription 1/4/0003.

Wimpie Croukamp was a concertina repairman in South Africa. The inscription is in Afrikaans and it refers to the date the replacement bellows were made...possibly in 2003.

Good luck with the sale.

Edited by Ben

Thanks for that information Ben.

I was playing concertina in South Africa around 1979 to 1981, and there was quite a strong interest in the instrument. There was even a 2 hour radio programme of concertina music every Saturday afternoon.

Edited by Tad52