Connor's Jeffries Concertina For Sale

p_tans

Concertina has been sold, thanks to all who were interested.

Connor's Jeffries Concertina for sale.

Still have the original receipt. It's six years old and played very little. It is as new. More pictures and further information available on request. Can sell through ebay if preferred. Located in Ireland but willing to ship internationally.

Thanks. :)

Edited by p_tans

Do you mean a Jeffries concertina restored by Connors, or a Jeffries copy made by Connors? :unsure:

To be honest with you I'm selling this for a friend who isn't too familiar with the internet, so the answer is I don't know. I will contact him and get back to you.

Edited by p_tans

Photos of the ends would be helpful too.

Do you mean a Jeffries concertina restored by Connors, or a Jeffries copy made by Connors? :unsure:

To be honest with you I'm selling this for a friend who isn't too familiar with the internet, so the answer is I don't know. I will contact him and get back to you. The guideline price he has given me is €2,000 if that is any help?

Connor's Jeffries Concertina for sale. Still have the original receipt. It's six years old and played very little. It is as new.

I guess that if it is only six years old and comes with the original receipt, then it must be a Jeffries copy made by Connors. ;) Especially at the asking price of 2000 Euros. Sounds like a bargain.

Chris

Edited by Chris Drinkwater

These concertinas are Jeffries copies and are completely made by John Conner.

They were sold at one time exclusively for Hobgoblin as John does not normally like dealing with the general public.

John is an ex employee of Crabb.

Al

A couple of people have sent pm's to same effect. I certainly don't want to impune anyones reputation and the circumstances surrounding this proposed sale may be entirely correct and proper. But let's say that there have been mixed messages coming from the vendor - I got one story, someone else got another and so on. Combine this with the practice of setting up new user accounts both here and on thesession.org, plus oneoff email addresses and you can see that the potential for misunderstanding is there....

Yes, I have a new account here - but I joined a while ago and have been 'lurking' for a while to familiarise myself. I mostly play flute and whistle in recent years but have taken a shine to the anglo concertina in recent months after getting one for our daughter.

• 2 weeks later...
A couple of people have sent pm's to same effect. I certainly don't want to impune anyones reputation and the circumstances surrounding this proposed sale may be entirely correct and proper. But let's say that there have been mixed messages coming from the vendor - I got one story, someone else got another and so on. Combine this with the practice of setting up new user accounts both here and on thesession.org, plus oneoff email addresses and you can see that the potential for misunderstanding is there....

Yes, I have a new account here - but I joined a while ago and have been 'lurking' for a while to familiarise myself. I mostly play flute and whistle in recent years but have taken a shine to the anglo concertina in recent months after getting one for our daughter.

I have been away for a while and was unable to check my PM's. The concertina has been sold, the the new owner is very happy, and got himself a very good deal. All inquiries were met with the same response, and I was as accommodating and gave as much information as I possibly could. I'll thank you not to go 'impuning anyones reputation'.

Just to repeat, CONCERTINA HAS BEEN SOLD. No more inquiries please.

Thanks to all who were genuinely interested, and not rude.

The Conner concertina arrived Wednesday morning. Its in almost unused condition and is fast and responsive with a strong tone. Pat and Ronan in County Clare were a pleasure to deal with. I am very pleased and am slightly puzzled by the thread urging caution. Is it just that concertina buyers are a cautious and distrustful lot? Andy

Edited by bargemans

The Conner concertina arrived Wednesday morning. Its in almost unused condition and is fast and responsive with a strong tone. Pat and Ronan in County Clare were a pleasure to deal with. I am very please and am slightly puzzled by the thread urging caution. Is it just that concertina buyers are a cautious and distrustful lot? Andy

I'm a little puzzled too and a little sad. Is there no presumption of innocence anymore? I think the occurrence of fraud, though statistically low, tends to eclipse the vast majority of honest transacting that goes on. Mike

Edited by michaelpier

I wonder if this topic should not be moved to it's own thread.I would prefer to see the "Buy and Sell" forum for that specific use not discussion of topics related to concertinas etc ? or not ?..........nonetheless.............

Is there no presumption of innocence anymore?

I don't think so when dealing by email, eBay or even this forum.Always exercise caution and be on your guard till proved otherwise.Phone calls help to establish trust.

I've just had two very pleasant exchanges, both buying and selling, on this forum in the last week.

However before Christmas I had packed up the Dipper to send off for an agreed price (after many email exchanges)and the (fake ) buyer simple stopped answering emails.

I would be happy to share the exchange if any one else has anything to do with this guy.

The issue of "publicly impugning" is a tough one..........I certainly would like a heads-up such as I am giving here. I was if not scammed, then I was certainly badly let down and would warn anyone else to treat the supposed buyer with suspicion. An explanation (ie buyers remorse for instance, ) and an apologetic withdrawl would have acceptable if disappointing.

If I can't meet a buyer/seller in person,then information about a deal is valuable.........maybe PM's are the way to go .

Robin