Arran Concertina Event 2010 8th to 11th October

Rather belatedly I'm announcing the 2010 Arran Concertina Event, here on the lovely Isle of Arran, Scotland, from 8th to 11th October.

Details in the attached file, but briefly, The Arran Concertina Event is a relaxed and informal gathering of concertina players of all abilities, and anyone else who is concertina-tolerant. Other instrumentalists and non-players are welcome. The main feature of the programme is that there is no programme! Themes and groups will depend entirely on the wishes and abilities of those taking part.

Please message me here, or contact me using the details in the attached form if you wish to know more, and hope to see you soon!

Samantha

ACE 2010 leaflet.doc

Rather belatedly I'm announcing the 2010 Arran Concertina Event, here on the lovely Isle of Arran, Scotland, from 8th to 11th October.

Details in the attached file, but briefly, The Arran Concertina Event is a relaxed and informal gathering of concertina players of all abilities, and anyone else who is concertina-tolerant. Other instrumentalists and non-players are welcome. The main feature of the programme is that there is no programme! Themes and groups will depend entirely on the wishes and abilities of those taking part.

Please message me here, or contact me using the details in the attached form if you wish to know more, and hope to see you soon!

Samantha

ACE 2010 leaflet.doc

We hope to see you there if we get back from Canada in time - will try to get some tunes or something organised for a 'workshop' - always better to sort it out beforehand! How about the ICA Library tunes from the new 'Royal Concertina Band' play list? Can we do that Jeremy?

smile.gif Just looked Kilmory up on Google Maps, the Bunkhouse is bigger than I thought biggrin.gif How often do the buses run from Brodick please? Not having a car I'm looking up train/ferry/bus combinations to see how long/how much the journey would be from the North Yorkshire coast.

Cheers Ann

smile.gif Just looked Kilmory up on Google Maps, the Bunkhouse is bigger than I thought biggrin.gif How often do the buses run from Brodick please? Not having a car I'm looking up train/ferry/bus combinations to see how long/how much the journey would be from the North Yorkshire coast.

Cheers Ann

Hi Ann!

There is a bus from every boat to Kilmory, but either we could arrange a lift for you with someone else bringing a car over on the same boat as you plan to travel, or I'll gladly meet you off the ferry. Ferry journey, 55 minutes from Ardrossan to Brodick, bus journey to Kilmory Hall around 50 minutes.

Please contact me if you need more information.

All the best and hope to see you in October!

Samantha

• 4 weeks later...

We hope to see you there if we get back from Canada in time - will try to get some tunes or something organised for a 'workshop' - always better to sort it out beforehand! How about the ICA Library tunes from the new 'Royal Concertina Band' play list? Can we do that Jeremy?

I have only just spotted this and Jeremy is away for a bit but I am sure that the answer is, yes, you can use some of the tunes that were played at Dungworth. (I am planning to use a couple of them at the dotty session on the Friday evening at the start of Concertinas at Witney.) Please tell people that they were extracted from the ICA library but go ahead and do it!

I have only just spotted this and Jeremy is away for a bit but I am sure that the answer is, yes, you can use some of the tunes that were played at Dungworth. (I am planning to use a couple of them at the dotty session on the Friday evening at the start of Concertinas at Witney.) Please tell people that they were extracted from the ICA library but go ahead and do it!

Not being a sight reader ( I can follow the dots ...... but slowly ) would the tunes be available to listen to before getting off the ferry to Arran ? biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Tired but happy the participants in ACE 2010 are now wending their way homewards, heads full of tunes, and looking forward to next year's event which will be held from 7th to 10th October 2011 :)

Thankyou for a great ACE, my first but not my last, so many concertinas with such lovely people and music biggrin.gif Next year's dates are in the diary already biggrin.gif