Posting From Tablets - No Formatting Line

I've noticed that when I post from my iPad, the formatting icons at the top of the message box are missing. No bold, links, smilies etc. I'm not using the mobile version which I'm not keen on. I assume it's much the same on Android though I've not checked as my Android tablet is a smaller one and I do use the mobile version for readability.

I assume othe s have noticed this. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Oh, good. I almost always post from a tablet, and I'd assumed that the nifty formatting I see in other people's posts involved some terribly basic computer trick I should have learned twenty years ago. But of course I wasn't about to embarrass myself by asking.

Bob Michel

Near Philly

I've noticed that when I post from my iPad, the formatting icons at the top of the message box are missing. No bold, links, smilies etc. I'm not using the mobile version which I'm not keen on. I assume it's much the same on Android though I've not checked as my Android tablet is a smaller one and I do use the mobile version for readability.

I assume othe s have noticed this. Is there anything that can be done about it?

I too prefer desktop interfaces to mobile interfaces and have noticed similar problems from within other web interfaces.

Sometimes, clicking on the menu or options button invokes a text-based drop-down menu which allows you to access

the 'missing' features - not always. I had a chat with our web manager about this, and came away with the idea that

it is something to do with the (very) fine detail of how the web page code is written. Something can be done(?), but it

sounded as if the effort might be considerable.

Not much help, but you are not alone.

R