A Repair Class I Took

Ken_Coles

Suggestions?

Tolerance.

Most of us on this forum have been here since the "old" forum, that allowed us to change the "Subject" line on new posts as needed while preserving the thread structure (so you could easily see what it was in response to).

Old habits die hard. We can't change the "Subject" line anymore, but we try to do everything else in the way to which we have become accustomed. If we don't eventually learn new habits, then perhaps this says more about the structure of the new forum than it does about our ability to follow rules.

Once again I find myself in agreement with you on all points.

Enforcement of guidelines is certainly possible if self imposed.

I really think that only a very few and very specific topics should be placed in separate forums. Just about everything should go into the general discussion.

I agree that perhaps this thread should be moved over to the Forum Policy forum. Let's call it the Forum Forum. How's that for redundancy??:-)

QUOTE (goran rahm @ Dec 19 2003, 03:53 AM)

Suggestions?

David:Tolerance.

Goran now:Sure..but problems arise only when that tolerance is trespassed...*then* what to do? My first proposal is to avoid nagging or grumbling in public (in the 'thread')...and instead send a private reminder to the 'sinner'....

or possibly start another 'policy'debate like this...in the "Forum questions" forum (?)

David:

Old habits die hard. We can't change the "Subject" line anymore, but we try to do everything else in the way to which we have become accustomed. If we don't eventually learn new habits, then perhaps this says more about the structure of the new forum than it does about our ability to follow rules.

Goran:So...what new habits?

Sandy:I really think that only a very few and very specific topics should be placed in separate forums. Just about everything should go into the general discussion

I agree that perhaps this thread should be moved over to the Forum Policy forum. Let's call it the Forum Forum. How's that for redundancy??:-)

Goran: Are you just joking?... or is there some idea bringing this over to 'Forum questions' in order to try reaching some 'consensus' ??

How about discussing how many and which titled 'Forums' could be adequate?

and

How 'friendly' advice could be presented in order to keep messages (more)

'specific' or at least 'true to the thread' ?

Goran Rahm