Shared Interest, Or Not?

Do you live with other musicians/concertinists?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Admittedly, there's some ambiguity here. E.g., what if you live with concertina players and non-concertina musicians and non-musicians, and you play with some, but not all? My suggestion is that you pick the first response that is true, if not "the whole truth". I've tried to order the choices so that that makes sense. I.e., I consider concertinas more important than other musicians, which are more important than non-musicians. (:)) And I consider playing together to be more significant than not playing together if you happen to play together with some and not with others.

Well, mine is the first vote, with "live alone", but I think that it's fair to report that since taking up the concertina I have lived with two others, and our separations were not for musical reasons. Both were musicians, and I played together -- even performed -- with both. In fact, both eventually learned to play concertina, one just a bit on the English, and the other quite well on the anglo.

I'm not covered here. I live with all musicians (except the bulldog who however has a decerning taste in music). None of them play or are involved in my folk music however other than to say it is fun.

I have secret dreams of a family band that may come to be if my plans work out.

I'm not covered here.  I live with all musicians....  None of them play or are involved in my folk music....

Huh? How is that not "Live with non-C musician(s), but we don't play together"?

I didn't restrict "musicians" to "folk musicians". I'm working on a couple of Bach numbers to add to my street-busking repertoire. (I really should have memorized them long since.) Also some music-hall/vaudeville songs.

[Huh?  How is that not "Live with non-C musician(s), but we don't play together"?

Quite right you are Jim. I'm afraid I missed that in my rush to get out the door this morning (another round with Home Land Insecurity had me more than a bit up tight but in the end and many hours later it is all settled) :ph34r: .

Edited by Mark Evans

Just wondering, if you live alone are you more likely to vote in the poll, as you have more time to read it, less distractions etc?

Robin Madge

I would say no - since the category 'living alone - nothing to report' would add nothing to the poll results, and therefore there is less need/motivation/justification to vote.

- John Wild