What we all look like - take 2

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voila!

It's true. I really look like this :)

Great picture; perhaps the best yet!

Awwww, Shucks! You guys are pretty beautifuuuuuul.

Just showed my wife. She says it's deeply disturbing.

I'd agree, it's disturbing. The degree of obesity suggests a high risk of cardiac, diabetic, and orthopedic problems. David should really lose some weight fast! :P

I love the feet! How did you do that?

Voila!

It's true. I really look like this :)

Great picture; perhaps the best yet!

Awwww, Shucks! You guys are pretty beautifuuuuuul.

Just showed my wife. She says it's deeply disturbing.

I'd agree, it's disturbing. The degree of obesity suggests a high risk of cardiac, diabetic, and orthopedic problems. David should really lose some weight fast! :P

I love the feet! How did you do that?

Dirge - tell your wife to get more concerned .... hee hee... I knew I recognised that face!! I remember seeing a video a year or so ago of a comedy act called Red Bastard ....

(this isn't the act .that I saw the video of but ....)

Look carefully on Youtube, and you can find a video of Eric as himself (perish the thought!!) ;)

Great costume by the way !

PS I do SO hope you don't play a duet (least of all a Maccann) - I know people have suggested duet players are weird but ......

Edited by Irene S

Me and my partner Julia at our first and only Morris gig. We spent all winter learning about 10 tunes, every Thursday night driving 40 miles, snow & rain. Then the first dance out, the squire decided on 4 dances we hadn't even heard of, let alone practiced! Hence the look of panic on my face. That was it!

I like the Melodeon, though. Comes instinctively to a Harmonica player, just like the Anglo.

6810840362_e0ecdb8fc8_z.jpg

Andrew

Edited by Andy Holder

Dirge - tell your wife to get more concerned .... hee hee... I knew I recognised that face!! I remember seeing a video a year or so ago of a comedy act called Red Bastard ....

Of course, of course, how can I have forgotten you Eric? I watched the same sort of videos last year and laughed like a drain then, too.

Why do drains laugh?

Of course, of course, how can I have forgotten you Eric? I watched the same sort of videos last year and laughed like a drain then, too.

Why do drains laugh?

I'm glad it's not just me that watches strange comedy videos then! Or wonders about the derivations of sayings ... ask and it shall be googled!

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/224000.html

33 years between the first 2 images, i.e. 1979/2012. Last image is me at a recent anniversary party almost 2 years ago.

1331035442_resized.jpg?width=389&height=540

1331036490_resized.jpg?width=720&height=540

1331036945_resized.jpg?width=405&height=540

ps These images were corrupted. However, I have now uploaded all of my passport photos here.

Edited by kevin toner

Great Granddad Michael Ton[n]er as previously mentioned. About 10-15 years between these images. Granddad Daniel Toner was the youngest in the family and has not been born yet in the photo, but Francis his older brother is on the far right, known in Australia as "the Concertina Wizard" - tapes may be uploaded along with Danny material soon; the "girl with the amazing voice" - Maggie [alias Peggy] Toner is there in between the Tina players.

1331035404_resized.jpg?width=388&height=540

1331035105_resized.jpg?width=502&height=540

ps These images were also corrupted, please refer to the link given at post #128 for re-uploads, including the photo of myself at the recent anniversary 2 years ago as mentioned above at #98

Edited by kevin toner

33 years between the first 2 images. Last image is me at a recent anniversary party almost 2 years ago.

1331035442_resized.jpg?width=389&height=540

1331036490_resized.jpg?width=720&height=540

1331036945_resized.jpg?width=405&height=540

Clicking on the "Posted Image" text gave no response, but my browser (Sea Monkey)doesn't seem to be treating it as either a link or plain text. Is that true with other browsers?

In the "Reply" editor I was able to see the individual URLs for each picture, so I tried to access the first one directly, but I got the following message:

"You don't have permission to access /data/_gallery//private/47/1331035442_resized.jpg on this server."

(I used the full URL, not just the trailing part included in the error message.) I also tried converting the double slash in the middle into a single slash, but I got the same access denial.

I hope you can straighten that out. I'd love to see the photos.

Can any of the photos be seen from posts #98 and #99 y/n??

Not yet.

I think you need to change some sort of privacy setting on the location of the image files. Unfortunately, I have no idea what or where/how to do it. But I'm hoping that once you do it, your photos in the thread about our instruments will also become visible.

Can any of the photos be seen from posts #98 and #99 y/n??

They appear to be in a private directory on your website. The solution would appear to be to move them to a public directory, or host them on a bona fide image sharing site, such as flickr, imgur, picasa, or other.