March of the Concertina's

Alan Day

come on, lassies and lads. This thing is about music as in sound, not dots or letters or theory. There have been 35 answers and numerous views, but only 6.5 folks contributions by people *playing.* It's not too difficult a piece (if I can figure it out, pretty much everybody can), so why discuss it for weeks and forget the music over it? Let's keep them mp3's coming! :-)

Edited by Ruediger R. Asche

I have been playing only since Christmas and I am having a small fingering problem with this. Its in the first phrase where it goes E D C B E.

I hear that as E D C B D. See if that doesn't sound right to you... and maybe it's easier to play?

come on, lassies and lads. This thing is about music as in sound, not dots or letters or theory. There have been 35 answers and numerous views, but only 6.5 folks contributions by people *playing.* It's not too difficult a piece (if I can figure it out, pretty much everybody can), so why discuss it for weeks and forget the music over it? Let's keep them mp3's coming! :-)

Quite - tho it is a reggub on the harmonica... but in the meantime here is something pour encourager les autres, from a batch already down in the e-forge for mangling: Rudi is quite right... easy peasy, Though notice the high level of difficult inexpertise to achieve the silences in the second instrumental effort. Does anyone play the spoons out there?

Quite - tho it is a reggub on the harmonica... but in the meantime here is something pour encourager les autres, from a batch already down in the e-forge for mangling: Rudi is quite right... easy peasy, Though notice the high level of difficult inexpertise to achieve the silences in the second instrumental effort. Does anyone play the spoons out there?

Magic - haven't laughed so much in weeks ... great bells!

Magic - haven't laughed so much in weeks ... great bells!

Would also love you to hear the stunningly manipulative virtuosity of the Triangle performance - trouble is the ZoomH2 made file too big to upload here - nor is there any guarantee the forgemeister will not just throw it Flying out of the window. :o

I have been playing only since Christmas and I am having a small fingering problem with this. Its in the first phrase where it goes E D C B E.

I am looking for some advice on how to do this correctly - efficiently - etc.

I have tried crossing to the C line for the E and then staying on the C line for the D C B coming back to the E again and I have also tried playing the E on the C line and then coming back to the G Line for the D C B and then back for the E again.

Neither of these seems to flow and i could do with some advice as to which way to go to get it to flow.

I have a 20 key C/G Lachenal.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

David

Alan Day leads his March of the Concertinas at the George Inn 6/6/11

© Alan Day ©InsightandMind no commercial repro.(sound)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5h9ItI0acE

• 3 months later...

I am looking for some advice on how to do this correctly - efficiently - etc.

I have tried crossing to the C line for the E and then staying on the C line for the D C B coming back to the E again and I have also tried playing the E on the C line and then coming back to the G Line for the D C B and then back for the E again.

Neither of these seems to flow and i could do with some advice as to which way to go to get it to flow.

I have a 20 key C/G Lachenal.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

David

Alan Day leads his March of the Concertinas at the George Inn 6/6/11

© Alan Day ©InsightandMind no commercial repro.(sound)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5h9ItI0acE

Go see videos and recordings for Whitby eurosession and Alan Day (in spirit and sound) playing La Marche des Bandonéons

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13321

• 10 years later...