March of the Concertina's

Alan Day

I wondered if you fancy joining me with this simple march, just use my recording and add yours. Please try not to dominate the recording, be part of it.Any instrument allowed. It is just a bit of fun ,beginners welcome.

It is in the key of G

Al :)

That's a great idea, Alan, I'll take a stab at it this afternoon. I just wonder how to avoid overlapping check ins (meaning that individual recordings get lost if two folks use the same base to play their respective contributions over it)? Should we allocate time slots, or have everyone check in their own mp3s and then centrally mix it all up?...

We just use the latest updated recording.

Fantastic if you join in, we had a go at this a few years back and nobody joined in,I hope we get response from this one.

Al

I sort of took the easy way out and added a light accompaniment that I basically repeat all three times around - knowing in the back of my mind that there'll be other people to add much more, so I didn't want to be too pushy... ;-) I also attach the dots for everybody who feels more comfortable with those (I didn't write down all the accentation/punctuation etc., I think that sorts itself out...)

fun little project, thanks!

march.pdf

march_2.mp3

I'll give it a go...apologies in advance if I am terrible.

Where am I in the queue?

How do I add to the latest recording if its just a link?

Edited by LDT

I've added another link in my previous post as well as the "media" one. The page should display and can be saved as an mp3 file - or at least it can on my Mac!

Thanks (2mins to spare) I'll do that tonight.

I've enabled the 'download' option

http://www.onmvoice.com/play.php?a=52915

If anyone needs the mp3 and can't download it. Pm me.

Well done Sarah, Will and Ruediger

We now have three concertinas, Guitar and mandolin.

Twenty more concertinas and other instruments and we have a mass band.

If these larger downloads are difficult then use the Ruediger (and subsequent smaller ones) and I am sure someone will add it to the larger mix.

This is great practice for what actually goes on in a recording studio for multi tracking.

Keep em coming !!

I was going to record a bit of me playing fiddle on it but...it sounded like a cat in a drainpipe...more practice needed. ;)

This is great practice for what actually goes on in a recording studio for multi tracking.

I'm quite used to multi tracking....I'm the only person who'll be in a band with me. ;)

Edited by LDT

I've enabled the 'download' option

http://www.onmvoice....lay.php?a=52915

If anyone needs the mp3 and can't download it. Pm me.

Well done Sarah, Will and Ruediger

We now have three concertinas, Guitar and mandolin.

Twenty more concertinas and other instruments and we have a mass band.

If these larger downloads are difficult then use the Ruediger (and subsequent smaller ones) and I am sure someone will add it to the larger mix.

Keep em coming !!

Sounds great - I'll give it a go when I've had a practice. (and thanks for the dots!)

I've printed the dots and will take a look at it this evening to see if I can work out a line for the baritone. In the meantime here's the abc for those that want to add it to a collection:

X:1

T:March for Concertinas

C:Alan Day

L:1/8

M:2/4

K:G

zB AB | G2 D2 | EB AB | G2 D2 | E2 DC | B,D GA | B2 AG | A2 A/A/A |

AB AB | G2 D2 | EB AB | G2 B2 | c2 BA | d2 G2 | BA GF | G2 G/G/G | G2 FG |

A2 A2 | B2 B2 | c2 A2 | F2 D2 | A2 A/A/A | B2 G2 | d4- |dB AB | G2 D2 |

EB AB | G2 B2 | c2 BA | d2 G2 | BA GF | G4 ||

Edited by tallship

Phew ... after a battle learning all about multi-tracking in audacity I have a couple of mp3's ready

The first is a very boring tarck with just my EC playing the tune, the second is a mix with march version 3 (I couldn't download LDT's mp3) which sound much better :-)

When I get a later version I can mix the single track with that instead and replace it .... or if someone is going to collect to make a final mix, they can use the single track.

I've stuck these on a temporary page which I keep for passing round session tunes - not a permanent listed place so it may disappear if the downloads get too much for my server.

You can get both mp3s (1.6Mb) or just play them HERE

Chris

edited to say that I've now posted a mix of my track with LDTs - so it's called cmarch5 and the link will take you there.

edited again to say the MP3 link on the webpage should work now

ps Alan - that tune's a real earworm! I cannot get it back out of my head!!

Edited by spindizzy

edited to say that I've now posted a mix of my track with LDTs - so it's called cmarch5 and the link will take you there.

Sadly that link for cmarch5 gives rise to an error message :(

The most important thing here is to take part. Just stick the music on your computer and record yourself playing over it.

Play the music and join in and let those who are multi track experts help us to put it all together. Plenty of room yet for another twenty concertinas,a brass section and various string instruments.

Al