For Sale: Jeffries 51 Key Duet, Centered On Bb

Gan Ainm

I bought this Jeffries Duet, from Chris Algar of Barleycorn Concertinas, shortly before Christmas, with the intention of converting it to an Anglo. However, I can't bring myself to sabotage such a beautiful instrument by converting it. So, I'm offering it here, in the hope that someone out there wishes to play this intriguing Jeffries Duet system and is seeking an instrument.

Chris Algar's description of the instrument is as follows:

"Jeffries 51 Key Duet

Concertina Description

One of those rare beasts - a Jeffries Duet.

This is one of those with Jeffries own Duet system and complies perfectly with the Nick Robertshaw layout, which can be found at http://www.concertina.info/tina.faq/images/finger2.htm with the exception that it is based around Bb, rather than C.

It is scuffed on the woodwork and the bellows ends but, other than that, it is in very good condition, with good reeds, solid bellows and no major damage or issues. It is stamped 'Jefffries Brothers 23, Praed St'.

It has been restored with new pads, valves, straps and tuned to concert pitch.

These Duets are not what everybody is looking for, but they sound great and are very hard-wearing - and they are not easy to find if you are hunting for one."

My preference would be to sell it, via concertina.net, to someone who has been a member of concertina.net for at least a year - this is in response to recent posts about scams, such as this one: http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20052

Send me a PM if you are interested and we can discuss price, etc.

I will try to upload some photos later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would rather sell this concertina here, to someone who understands the Jeffries Duet system and wants to buy one. But, I am now considering using other sales channels. I would prefer not to lose money on the transaction, but, at this stage, I would consider reasonable offers.

Pat