Almost...forthcoming Items...

bellowbelle

Just a note about my crochet-and-brass-rings 'concertina tent' shown in my forum signature and described at my website, AND about the crocheted thimbles (for thumbs and/or pinkies) also shown at my website (with free pattern instructions, too):

They are for sale, though I am just not very 'official' at this point. I am willing to e-mail a response about these items, to someone who is interested and inquires. I do hope to put some finished ones on Yahoo Auctions at some time in the near future, so, if I do, I'll let you know. (Yahoo/Geocities, where I have my website, has rules in their TOS that prevent site-owners at my service level to sell directly from the website. Edit added: Oops, maybe I'm wrong, I think I can use the Paydirect Button on my site...shall look into that.l)

I really do find these 'gadgets' useful...but, I can't speak for other concertina players, of course, who may even think they seem rather ridiculous!

Re the thimble -- My concertina's thumbstraps are as tight as they can conveniently be, and I wouldn't want them any tighter (or looser). Usually, while playing, both my hands are working quite evenly and the slightly-loose fit of the thumbstraps is no problem.

BUT, sometimes when I'm sitting and playing with the concertina 'propped' on my right knee, my left hand is doing more of the pushing/pulling, and my left thumb slips way into the strap and gets stuck there! This is when I appreciate using a thumb thimble.

Edited by bellowbelle