What we all look like - take 2

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed, have you tried using the strap off the gig bag as a neck strap? That works really well for me.

I actually did something similar with a strap from a CD binder and some small quick links, but even so, I prefer playing while seated so I can use my right thigh for support. I'd need wrist straps for easier playing while standing.

I actually did something similar with a strap from a CD binder and some small quick links, but even so, I prefer playing while seated so I can use my right thigh for support. I'd need wrist straps for easier playing while standing.

...and only now do I realize that "shoestring neck strap" means a neck strap acquired on a shoestring budget, not a neck strap made out of a literal shoestring. Back to reading comprehension school for me.

...and only now do I realize that "shoestring neck strap" means a neck strap acquired on a shoestring budget, not a neck strap made out of a literal shoestring. Back to reading comprehension school for me.

Oh no, you had it right the first time...I used an actual black shoestring meant for a pair of sneakers/trainers in that photo. The one I described in the above quote is what I came up with afterwards. I apologise if I caused you any undue embarrassment.

This is me at a meeting of the Baltimore City Historical Society. The bow tie angle was just messed up, not intended to be rakish at all. The concertina is a nice mellow 4-fold, brass-reeded thing (possibly a Jones) which is about to have a successor or two. The organization had sponsored a contest to find (1) alternative words and (2) new words and music to the Maryland State song, a Civil War relic, sung to the modified tune of O Tannenbaum, which beings (in the official version)

The despot's heel is on thy shore, Maryland, My Maryland,

His torch is at thy temple door, Maryland, My Maryland.

Avenge the patriotic gore that flecked the streets of Baltimore,

And be the battle queen of yore, Maryland, My Maryland.

There are about seven verses to this.

post-8606-0-30747900-1330382467_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike Franch

To see me go to this website, The Analog Artist's Digital World blog. http://www.analogartistdigitalworld.com/ Scroll down to the Feb 22nd entry, where artist visited the Orlando, Florida session. By the by, the accordion player is Gerry Hanley, past all Ireland champ, visiting from Co. Galway. A mighty session indeed.

To see me go to this website, The Analog Artist's Digital World blog. http://www.analogartistdigitalworld.com/ Scroll down to the Feb 22nd entry, where artist visited the Orlando, Florida session. By the by, the accordion player is Gerry Hanley, past all Ireland champ, visiting from Co. Galway. A mighty session indeed.

Oh come on, Daniel. Let's have a picture we can see HERE instead of having to start some sort of paperchase into your favourite website. You're not the first offender on this one, I grant you.

Whoever started this whole thing; Great idea! It's fun actually putting a face to the names.

post-39-0-19814300-1330444194_thumb.jpgpost-39-0-56865400-1330444181_thumb.jpg

These are cell-phone pics from this past Thursday. My daughter and her husband have just started hosting an open-mic night, so I... uh, helped out... I think! blink.gif

And, yup, I have gained all that weight. Sigh. Time to stop filling the pie hole everytime it's open, I guess. tongue.gif I'll have to sing songs about pies or something.

Oh come on, Daniel. Let's have a picture we can see HERE instead of having to start some sort of paperchase into your favourite website. You're not the first offender on this one, I grant you.

Whoever started this whole thing; Great idea! It's fun actually putting a face to the names.

Sorry Dirge, but the drawing of the session is by a professional artist and I didn't want to risk copyright infringement or alienate the fellow, so I just linked his published page.

the drawing of the session is by a professional artist and I didn't want to risk copyright infringement or alienate the fellow, so I just linked his published page.

I didn't bother to jump through hoops either, and didn't realize it was a drawing.

In any case, here's a direct link which will take you straight to it: http://www.analogartistdigitalworld.com/2012/02/traditional-irish-music-session.html

the drawing of the session is by a professional artist and I didn't want to risk copyright infringement or alienate the fellow, so I just linked his published page.

I didn't bother to jump through hoops either, and didn't realize it was a drawing.

In any case, here's a direct link which will take you straight to it: http://www.analogartistdigitalworld.com/2012/02/traditional-irish-music-session.html

Glad it wasn't just me, thanks for the link Jeff. having seen it I'd be pleased too if I was featured in something like that

This is me. Photo by the lovely Elly Lucas, who is to be featured in the next issue of Practical Photography magazine and as well as being a very talented photographer is also a very talented musician.

http://www.photoansw...raphy-Magazine/

http://www.ellylucas.co.uk/

Her portraits are described as "chic". I don't that can be said about this one, but that's undoubtedly my fault rather than hers.

post-346-0-09543900-1330504851_thumb.jpg

I resurrected this pic of Randy Stein. I liked it so much--and figured it was really

not identifiable--that I could "save". ...Randy Stein, the man of many faces!

(first attempt at attachment, wish me luck!)

Thanks. This picture is from 30 years ago. Since then I've lost some hair, gained some weight, and tell progressively bad jokes.

rss

Thanks Boney, didn't realize you could link the sketch.

Hi Daniel

If you click on the picture itself, it displays only the picture. It can be linked and inserted as an image only. It's not copied, it still on the original site. Some sites allow it and some don't, but it's worth a try. Nice artwork

02-16-12Irish.jpg

I don't have any pictures of myself, but thanks to LDT, my avatar would be close.

Thanks

Leo