Can't Help Falling In Love

Randy Stein

https://soundcloud.com/randy-stein-1/cant-help-falling-in-lovemp3mp3

"Can't Help Falling in Love" is a pop song originally recorded by American singer Elvis Presley and published by Gladys Music, Elvis Presley's publishing company. It was written by Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore and George David Weiss.[2] The melody is based on "Plaisir d'amour"[3] (1784), a popular romance by Jean Paul Egide Martini (1741–1816). It was featured in Elvis Presley's 1961 film, Blue Hawaii. Arranged for Solo English Concertina by Boris Matusewitch.

There is one small bloop where my cell phone started to ring and distracted me. bummer.

rss

https://soundcloud.com/randy-stein-1/cant-help-falling-in-lovemp3mp3

"Can't Help Falling in Love" is a pop song originally recorded by American singer Elvis Presley and published by Gladys Music, Elvis Presley's publishing company. It was written by Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore and George David Weiss.[2] The melody is based on "Plaisir d'amour"[3] (1784), a popular romance by Jean Paul Egide Martini (1741–1816). It was featured in Elvis Presley's 1961 film, Blue Hawaii. Arranged for Solo English Concertina by Boris Matusewitch.

There is one small bloop where my cell phone started to ring and distracted me. bummer.

rss

Well, yeah, super cool.

Of course, I was there, doing the recording! :D

Really enjoying these postings and hearing just what the EC is capable of in the hands of an expert. Quite an inspiration. Just curious as to how the arranging process works. Do you start with a basic melody and then work out the chords and counterpoint as you go along - writing it down as notation, or is it mainly improvisation?

Thanks again for posting.

Dean

• 1 month later...

I guess Randy is playing this on an English Concertina. It is a tune ideally suited to my 36 button Anglo where harmony and improvised infill falls readily to hand. Why are so many Concertina players so shy of employing a touch of vibrato/tremolo ( call it what you will). ?

• 2 months later...