The Village Wakes... St Mary's Church, Birmingham

Folks,

As Pauline has already mentioned over in the "tunes" section (thanks Pauline), my group is playing a concert at St. Mary's Church, Selly Oak, in Birmingham on the 23rd. The church we've chosen as our venue has a wonderful, but not too wet, natural acoustic, so we won't be using any amplification at all.

We have a fabulous local traditional singer as our "support" act, although I can't tell you much more about him as I know him only as "Clive"! For our own sets we'll be doing a wide variety of songs - mostly traditional, with some original songs and a few covers thrown in, and lots of three-part harmony. It won't be exclusively concertina-based, by any means; as it's a nice local gig, our arsenal of instruments will be out in force, so expect the stage to be littered with various boxes, guitars, odd stringed instruments, and a rag-bag of percussion too...

Admission is free with a retiring collection for the church. It would be lovely to see any of you who can make it. There's a link to our website in my signature if you want to hear what we sound like.

Cheers,

Stuart

Edited by stuart estell