Zelda

oxfordanglo

Evening all,

Zelda- what a fab tune. I have a 20jey cg anglo, have worked out the tune in single notes but struggling to put a decent harmony to it as having to cross row onto the left side. There only one natural F of course on the right side of my instrument which restricts me-

any ideas/suggestions- where am I going wrong! perhaps i just need to work harder at figuring a decent accompaniment within the limitation of instrument -that the fun hey?

adam

notation here

http://www.cancoillottefolk.com/partitions/images/zelda.jpg

Jody does a lovely version of this have a look on U Tube it might give you some ideas Bob Paste this into googal www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHe1z98sBC8

Thanks, i've seen this and it is a really great version; but I thin he has more notes available than me?

True, I'm playing a custom Dipper in G/D with 40 buttons in the video... but I'm not playing all of those buttons for Zelda, just a few of them.

However, since you are playing a 20 key cg Anglo then you should get on just fine if you play it high in the key of Em. All of the chords and melody notes are there for you in that key.

• 2 weeks later...

Just starting to think about playing something besides straight melody line. For those that play EC for this tune, what else would you do with it. Add some double stops here and there or what.. thanks for info.

Not used to reading Concertina tab. I have EC so I know that tune Zelda is written out on anglo. I want to know the chords to it.

by measure I am guessing. Am I close?? thanks a bunch

1. Am

2. F C

3. C E7

4. E7 Am

5. E7 Am

Bpart

1. Am

2. Am Dm

3.Dm E7

4. E7 Am

5. E7 Am

Not used to reading Concertina tab. I have EC so I know that tune Zelda is written out on anglo. I want to know the chords to it.

by measure I am guessing. Am I close?? thanks a bunch

1. Am

2. F C

3. C E7

4. E7 Am

5. E7 Am

Bpart

1. Am

2. Am Dm

3.Dm E7

4. E7 Am

5. E7 Am

It's difficult to follow what you're getting at. You've represented two 8-bar phrases with 5 parts each. How do you divide 8 bars into 5 parts?

FWIW, here's the chords I use for Zelda. I don't claim they are any kind of standard or the only choice, or the best. But they work for me.
Each chord represents half of a 6/8 bar.
Part A:
Am Am Dm Am Am E E Am
Am Am Dm Am Am E E Am :||
Part B:
Am Am Am F F G G Am
Am Am Am F F G G Am :||

The concertina tab I got from this post had measures written out as A a A a... that was first measure.. I assumed it was an Am chord the whole way. The second measure was F f C c So was that F chord and C chord?? or something else on the concertina.. Sorry for being so vaque, I just don't know how to read the tab. Thanks for the chords that you use, I appreciate that!!

the fifth measure represents the second ending. sorry for the confusion..

thanks again.

The concertina tab I got from this post had measures written out as A a A a... that was first measure.. I assumed it was an Am chord the whole way. The second measure was F f C c So was that F chord and C chord?? or something else on the concertina.. Sorry for being so vaque, I just don't know how to read the tab. Thanks for the chords that you use, I appreciate that!!

I have no idea how concertina tab works or what the notation you quote means. I just know how to think about chords. I play neither Anglo nor English concertina, but a Hayden Duet.

the fifth measure represents the second ending. sorry for the confusion..

thanks again.

OK, I see it now. So your chords are not very different from mine, except for switching chords related by 3rds (F/Dm, C/Am, G/E).