David Paton's Son

David Paton is an English Concertina player in Sharon, Connecticut. This past April, he was on the staff of the Button Box's Northeast Concertina Workshop in western Massachusetts. He is the son of Sandy and Caroline Paton, who founded Folk Legacy Records.

David's 15-year-old son, Kaelan Paton (various news sources also spell it Kaelen or Kaelon) was swept away by the Housatonic River on Tuesday as he was trying to rescue a friend in trouble. His body has not been found.

For updates, google [paton housatonic] (that's what I've been doing, but at present the most recent news is a couple of days old). David has a page on Facebook, but I don't, so I have no access to it.

David has a page on Facebook, but I don't, so I have no access to it.

David,

I've been looking on Facebook and the page of David Paton (Poughkeepsie, NY) is set to Private, as is that of Kaelan Alexander Paton (Housatonic Valley Regional High), so only friends have access to either of them.

But there is a Kaelan Paton Family Support Group, and a few other tribute groups have been set up there.

Checking in with this story once again:

Boy's body found; officials confirm body belongs to Kaelan Paton

Published: Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SALISBURY — After a week of record high waters kept rescuers from a treacherous stretch of the Housatonic River, the body of a Sharon boy who went missing last week was recovered Tuesday.

Kaelan Paton, 16, went missing on June 16 after jumping into the surging river two rescue two friends who were trapped near the Great Falls section...

Information about a memorial in July is here.