Concertinas In Art

Guest Peter Laban

I recently bought this etching by Gertrude Degenhard:

KART001693t.jpg

I attach another painting below, by a man in West Cork if I remember well.

KART001693t.jpg

Gertrude has made more:

KART000806t.jpg

and this one:

KART000790t.jpg

and this one:

KART001424t.jpg

and a painting I see every month when I am at the session in "Malden"

adabreedveld.jpg

I'm sure in the past we (C.Netters) came across more pictures. Someone should make a concertina-in-arts link page to prevent us repeating this subject every 2-3 years.

Edited by Henk van Aalten

Guest Peter Laban
Gertrude has made more

I know and when I was in (around newyear, just before they closed shop) Kenny's had several others in the gallery besides the ones you found but the one I bought was the only one I fancied. Degenhard balances on the edge, sometimes I like her work but more often her images fall on the wrong side, for me anyway.

Edited by Peter Laban

KART001693t.jpg

I attach another painting below, by a man in West Cork if I remember well.

I really like the second one. (Can't get it to 'quote', so it's not showing up here.) Is he the same one that did the whistle player in the car? That artist has got style. Is there a gallery online?

I really like the second one. (Can't get it to 'quote', so it's not showing up here.) Is he the same one that did the whistle player in the car? That artist has got style. Is there a gallery online?

Aldon,

You mean this one??

pic17.jpg

I saw a signature at the right side of the painting and did a Google search and found a gallery at:

http://ireland.iol.ie/~solamar/main.htm

While seaeching I came accross another concertina-related picture:

post1.jpg

Aldon,

You mean this one??

pic17.jpg

I saw a signature at the right side of the painting and did a Google search and found a gallery at:

http://ireland.iol.ie/~solamar/main.htm

While seaeching I came accross another concertina-related picture:

post1.jpg

Yup, that's the one alright! The one you found is cool too!

If I didn't spend all of my on instruments I'd definitely put some cash into getting some of those paintings.

Thanks for the help!

...........................I remember, years ago, seeing a picture of the artist Matisse playing a concertina in his studio.I've no idea whether he ever used concertina images in his art or, more importantly ;) , what he played. Robin

Robin

Some searching in this C.Net forum, shows that Allison started a similar thread, titled "Concertinas In Art" about two years ago.

At that time there was a parallel thread "George Braque Playing His Concertina"

Edited by Henk van Aalten

Guest Peter Laban
If I didn't spend all of my on instruments I'd definitely put some cash into getting some of those paintings.

These paintings, and a whole bunch of others by the same artist, were fairly widely available in ireland as greetings cards (haven't seen them for a while though). Maybe an alternative to buying the actual paintings.

It surprises me this one wasn't posted yet:

Monkey-with-Concertina--C10128528.jpeg

Edited by Peter Laban

Some searching in this C.Net forum, shows that Allison started a similar thread, titled "Concertinas In Art" about two years ago.

Oops- how embarrassing!! :ph34r:

I did a search, really I did! And the results this time are quite different than last time! But I'm sorry to be so repetitive! :wacko:

• 8 months later...

I have the painting of the little boy in the barn playing what looks like a Honer 20 button Anglo with the little Jack Russels howling.

I also have a picture postcard of cartoon of a man playing concertina under a window, who is about to be drenched by a jug of water.The caption reads "If music be the food of love play on" (Twelfth Night act one)

Signed "Ironico"