7th Annual Charles Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game

Ref, I think K's being silly. I formally request that his 'Move' be struck out forthwith and offer the straight forward GREEN PARK to get the game rolling properly again.

Brilliant move Dirge, but for goodness sake we have been trying to lern u you to be discreet and not give the codes away. After all we are paying you a pound a week and as much as you can eat.

Learn from Sam - she says 'leave it behind the greenery' - Green Park you see and http://www.walks.com/SPIES__SPYCATCHERS_LONDON/default.aspx

She cleverly takes up her feinted slingshot manoeuvre by sending us via K Olympia to the real spot, the tube nearest to "the spy, Kim Philby. who lived at No.18 Carlyle Square from 1944 before he defected to Moscow in 1963..."

South Kensington

Nothing is random here, or as Chris might say all is offside offside. He gave Einstein the formula! (see below**) :

How many rings in the Olympic symbol?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Five

How many spy films used Helsinki buildings and Metro to look like Moscow?

How far is the Russian Trade Legation from Kentish Town tube?

How far is Smiley's Hampstead Heath from that same station?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=smiley+hampstead+heath&qs=n&form=QBRE&filt=all&pq=smiley%2520hampstead%2520heath&sc=0-9&sp=-1&sk=

and the "Heath" links directly to the expulsion of 105 Soviet Spies in 1971

https://www.mi5.gov.uk/output/1960-to-1989.html

(I see that website has an httpS: hmmmm

** What Chris gave Albert was E (espionage) = "mc2"= MC!

:blink:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kautilya said

Learn from Sam - she says 'leave it behind the greenery' - Green Park you see and http://www.walks.com...ON/default.aspx

She cleverly takes up her feinted slingshot manoeuvre by sending us via K Olympia to the real spot, the tube nearest to "the spy, Kim Philby. who lived at No.18 Carlyle Square from 1944 before he defected to Moscow in 1963..."

South Kensington

Who is this Sam?? I was the person who actually made the move to Kensington (Olympia). No mention was made of a move to South Kensington ... indeed we were taken straight to Kentish Town from Kensington (Olympia) by Andy Holder .... so in this case I would surmise that your move must obviously be both invalid and unviable :huh: ... Chris?

Nice to see that old Mr Crowley's rules causing the usual dissent, recrimination and conflict. It's only a matter of time before the Police are called!

Time to raise the dead - errr.... I mean roof ;-) Off to Highgate to visit Mr Marx

Edited by Woody

Kautilya, your flights of fancy are entertaining but disruptive. Each of your "moves" leaves subsequent players floundering in the attempt to divine your intention. I must please ask you to take a refresher course in the rules of the game, this site with its online interactive teaching game may help, or perhaps evening classes at your local authority adult education centre. On your return you will be welcomed with all the fellowship and good will that is such a hallmark of the game. After all, where would we be without our "tenderpads".

Chris

Kautilya, your flights of fancy are entertaining but disruptive. Each of your "moves" leaves subsequent players floundering in the attempt to divine your intention. I must please ask you to take a refresher course in the rules of the game, this site with its online interactive teaching game may help, or perhaps evening classes at your local authority adult education centre. On your return you will be welcomed with all the fellowship and good will that is such a hallmark of the game. After all, where would we be without our "tenderpads".

Chris

"in the rules of the game"

Wot rools? I fort there was non. I will arsk my primary head misstriss. I must first do a virus cheque on that higherplink u offerd me :blink: :blink:

I am going to hide out in the semetree with Woody -- to prepair the Revvolushion.

I wil arange a Parlimant Hill reefund, Irene, for you and Andy, from the KKK --Kensington-Kensington-Kentish sledging slush fund, though it seems someone has already been at it and it is melting away :rolleyes:

Wot rools? I fort there was non.

Ah, but Kautilya, in his first posting Woody made it clear that the Crowleyan subset of the rules was being used ... so the very Devil is in the detail. If you don't pay attention to the rules therein you're unlikely to stand the ghost of a chance of being in with one (ie a chance).

Good hunting!;)

And on that note, from Highgate to it's neighbour (previously named Highgate itself ... so the logic would appear inevitable) ... the Archway to the next dimension .... of the game?

Wot rools? I fort there was non.

Ah, but Kautilya, in his first posting Woody made it clear that the Crowleyan subset of the rules was being used ... so the very Devil is in the detail. If you don't pay attention to the rules therein you're unlikely to stand the ghost of a chance of being in with one (ie a chance).

Good hunting!;)

And on that note, from Highgate to it's neighbour (previously named Highgate itself ... so the logic would appear inevitable) ... the Archway to the next dimension .... of the game?

Sorry, already incorporeally ahead of you - left Woody in Marx's bunker and moved into the next dimension by jumping off Archway's Suicide Bridge and ended up falling on my Arsenal, :o

...If you don't pay attention to the rules therein you're unlikely to stand the ghost of a chance of being in with one (ie a chance).

Which of course is ironic given that under Crowley's rules if you can provide firm evidence of the sighting of a ghost you automatically progress to within two moves of MC! :ph34r:

...If you don't pay attention to the rules therein you're unlikely to stand the ghost of a chance of being in with one (ie a chance).

Which of course is ironic given that under Crowley's rules if you can provide firm evidence of the sighting of a ghost you automatically progress to within two moves of MC! :ph34r:

Doubly ironic in that, if we are to believe him, Kautilya is now incorporeal ... and I would hazard a guess cannot possibly prove a sighting of himself.

Doubly ironic in that, if we are to believe him, Kautilya is now incorporeal ... and I would hazard a guess cannot possibly prove a sighting of himself.

Well here's my Arsenal Lead Bellyfull's funeral song, reaching out through the Galaxy in search of you - do you see me in YOUR dreams or do I just hear an ironic echo: "In your dreams!")

So where to now? It's all Relative to Chris' E=MC

:P

Meanwhile, Woody is still in the backup bunker working on a melody for a song with the the provisional title "A spectre is haunting Europe; the spectre of Concertinaism"

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=goodnight+Irene&docid=1543394361385&mid=5DBFA9FF4B561FD7142A5DBFA9FF4B561FD7142A&FORM=VIRE1

So where to now?

Perhaps a move to

Kensal Green

might just raise a ghost or two from the cemetery there with all its notable residents, including Wilkie Collins, who included a concertina player in his most famous book, "The Woman in White".

So where to now?

Perhaps a move to

Kensal Green

might just raise a ghost or two from the cemetery there with all its notable residents, including Wilkie Collins, who included a concertina player in his most famous book, "The Woman in White".

Great but might I ask if u could clarify whether you were bringing Sailors' Navel Engagement rools back into play through that cemetery link because one might want to switch to the canal water taxi to pick up the return leg of the SPCC Spooky Cruise from KX/StPan to Kensal cemetery.

You clearly knew that Catacomb B holds the remains of Sir Nesbitt Josiah Willoughby CB KCH, Admiral of the White (1777-1849). Was he the paramour of your Lady in White?

We seems to be straying back into Double-Bluff Playtex agent territory.

Seems he may have been Nelson's "step-son", but other Nisbetts may have had a different meaning for the word "Totty"

"[NISBETT, Ann. c. 1783.] The trial of Mrs. Ann Nisbett, wife of Walter Nisbett, Esq; of Grafton Street, Berkeley Square, and of Kirkby, in the County of York, for committing adultery with Thomas Totty, Esq; (a Captain in the Navy, and Commander of His Majesty's Ship The Sphinx) at Doctors Commons, London. London, 91pp. [bL, NLS]

Although a cultural, indeed artistic diversion, from KX by Scottish Taxi, (The Saturday night 4.20 Virgin Cattle Truck to Inverness via Glasgie) would add some useful extra mileage to one's total.

Alas, allegedly there is no connection with the Glaswegian artiste B. Nesbit, RA.

B)

Edited by Kautilya

Perhaps a move to

Kensal Green

Aha ... I'll counter that with a spiritual sprint to The Angel Islington ... given the effect of the Crowley rules the neutralising effect may be required.

Perhaps a move to

Kensal Green

Aha ... I'll counter that with a spiritual sprint to The Angel Islington ... given the effect of the Crowley rules the neutralising effect may be required.

Aaggh,,uggh,,iiigggh – your powers have Quilp-ed me! Some winged shadow swept over bearing an Olympic Torch, ripped out my Lem-drip, switched my bottle to CO2 and is closing down the flue of my bellowsing chest. Through the fog of Angela Markelt’s Greek apple fritter stand (buy one get none free)I have visions of Ron my Keyman smirking at the next stall as he fashions a devil’s head key (BTW he does a v. cheap lock and chain to secure my tinas - just opposite Iceland).

I am done for, out of play, unmoving from my brethdead. Is that the ‘Battle of the Somme’ I hear echoing, a 56-gun Dirge rehearsing for a cremation at Monument? Alas, I fear there will be no quantitative easing for me at Bank, so I have to abandon my Black Cab Wheel of Life....

‘Cabbie! Oi, cabbie! Carry me to Monument pleeease!’

'Sorry guv, London’s Burning; Monument’s orf for ghosts………..'

'Byeeee……...(thermometer at 104..)

'Cabbie! Oi, cabbie! Carry me to Monument pleeease!'

'Sorry guv, London's Burning; Monument's orf for ghosts………..'

???? So presumably that means we're still at the Angel, if the cabbie refused to go to Monument .? I'm confused.

'Cabbie! Oi, cabbie! Carry me to Monument pleeease!'

'Sorry guv, London's Burning; Monument's orf for ghosts………..'

???? So presumably that means we're still at the Angel, if the cabbie refused to go to Monument .? I'm confused.

I think he's accepting that he is dead. For the purposes of play, anyway.

I think he's accepting that he is dead. For the purposes of play, anyway.

That is an interesting thought. I have recently been granted electronic access to the British Library's great Mornington Crescent archive, a great honour as you know and I am trying hard to deserve it by undertaking original research. Interestingly, one of the fellows there suggested only the other day that the area of Stovold's Undertaker Play was under-researched at present and would I like to take a look? As a result of my first look at the material my provisional response to the above has to be: mind the gap! (Subject to the usual qualifications, of course).

Chris

Any time you're Lambeth way,

Any evening, any day,

You'll find us all

Doin' the Lambeth Walk. Oi!

Every little Lambeth gal,

With her little Lambeth pal,

You'll find 'em all

Doin' the Lambeth Walk. Oi!

Lambeth North