Lachenal C/g 20 Key Serial # 74526

larryjhs

Hello, this has come into my possession, plus the wooden box. As usual, any idea of the date? It sounds sweet, a few buzzes on the pull buttons left 1&2, otherwise.. should I take a look inside? And it's a dark wood.

I estimate the year of manufacture for Anglo No. 74526 as 1883. The nearest receipt that I have for a Lachenal Anglo is for No 46951, dated 1 January 1878. Lachenal's annual production of Anglos in the 1878-1890 period was around 5,200 per year.

Edited by Dowright

I estimate the year of manufacture for Anglo No. 74526 as 1883. The nearest receipt that I have for a Lachenal Anglo is for No 46951, dated 1 January 1878. Lachenal's annual production of Anglos in the 1878-1890 period was around 5,200 per year.

Thanks very much for the info. I've been tinkering a bit and seeing what needs fixing (key grommets/bushes - and Chris Ghent is providing kind advice. For others' info, inside is written that it was restored by Frank Pitt in Box Hill (Melbourne) in 1970. I see that he wrote for FreeReed magazine (Google is wonderful).

Larry