Caroling...we Did It!

We did it by Jove! Folks loved it and we loved it. Dominique really sang beautifully. At rehearsal she was amazed at how loud the concertina is, "so I can sing full voice?" Oh, my dearest, by all means!

I'm very grateful all I had to do was play for I would have wept otherwise. Oh, the kids flaked out on us (next year perhaps).

Again, Merry Christmas to all and thank you to C. Net for helping us with the true Christmas spirit!

Edited by Mark Evans

We did it by Jove! Folks loved it and we loved it. Dominique really sang beautifully. At rehearsal she was amazed at how loud the concertina is, "so I can sing full voice?" Oh, my dearest, by all means!

I'm very grateful all I had to do was play for I would have wept otherwise. Oh, the kids flaked out on us (next year perhaps).

Again, Merry Christmas to all and thank you to C. Net for helping us with the true Christmas spirit!

What a great pic! And what lucky neighbors you have!

Added as postscript: I hadn't realized that libations might be involved. We were both rather "warmed" by the time we got home. Bless me but I had to sit on that porch for awhile for the house was far too hot :blink: . Ah the joys of strong drink...in moderation and friends in excess.

Edited by Mark Evans

I find that, encouraged by strong drink, the buttons seem to change places randomly, does your concertina do that too?

Dave

Yes, that was my experience as well. However, St. Cecilia (or Baccus) must have been with me for at the last house when the "warmth" had all of a sudden enveloped us both I went a bit off script with the counterpoint on the second verse of "Joy to the World." It seemed quite good although not of my doing. Dominique also "warmed" pulled out a descant on the third verse as I wisely retreated to the melody line that made the hair stand up on the back a me neck for it had quoted elements of what my fingers had just wiggled out.

Today the family from Quebec arrives with song sheets. Grampa sans PA will bang our neglected piano to life and Dominique has asked me to tune up the bass fiddle for her to play. I shall do my best on the squeeze box, this time without the benefit of strong drink.