Merry Christmas

Especially to Paul and Ken. They keep our Virtual Concertina Community world turning!

And you too Henk - for your fantastic recorded tune page. You have administered it with great generosity of spirit!

Now, I'm up before everyone else, I wonder if I dare practice the 'tina.

Hey, we've got another concertina player, Barry, coming for lunch today and he's been practicing old English carols on English and Anglo. What a treat eh?

Tom

Merry Christmas to all! I am so grateful for the connections and friendships, knowledge and information this site has given me.

*Deity-of-choice* bless us every one!

love,

Allison

Indeed!

A Merry Christmas

and

A Happy, Lots-of-Nice-Hanging-Out-on-c.net New Year to you all!

/Henrik

A hearty and merry thanks to all those who share their thoughts, ideas and adventures on cnet.

What a great place for the concertina community to gather.

A big thank you to Ken for his investment of time and expertise.

A very big thank you to Paul for his expertise, vision and financial commitment that have made this forum what it is.

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday and looking forward to another year of sharing on concertina.net

Greg

All my best wishes too!!

ps. played at the Blue Ball at Worrall (Of the Yorkshire Carols fame) as the only instrument! for 2 1/2 hrs of Yorkshire carol singing for the Worrall Male voice Choir and friends. Even got in some of the symphonies!!! My Christmas was already made!

Dave

All my best wishes too!!

ps. played at the Blue Ball at Worrall (Of the Yorkshire Carols fame) as the only instrument! for 2 1/2 hrs of Yorkshire carol singing for the Worrall Male voice Choir and friends. Even got in some of the symphonies!!! My Christmas was already made!

Dave

Indeed, Merry Christmas, y'all! Lots of great stuff on this site this year, thanks to you all.

Now about this Worrall town, with the Blue Ball and Male voice choir....where is that? I must visit when next across the pond. Maybe there is an inheritance I've missed out on!

Dan Worrall

Thanks to all the great folks on here who offered me advice on how to get started, and especially thanks to Bruce Boyson for selling me his Morse Albion which helped me get a nice concertina quickly! And thanks to The Button Box for sending Spiers & Boden CDs fast as lightning in time for Christmas! I'm still thinking about that baritone Morse ...

My son James is home for Christmas; we went to see Harry Potter and the Jug of Fire or whatever it was last night; neither of us could follow it much, but nevertheless it seemed like a better bet than King Kong or Narnia. Then we came home and opened some presents. I had asked James to make recordings of some of his tunes and songs, and he gave me a disk with an assortment of his melodeon, fiddle, and guitar pieces on it. He was absolutely thrilled with the new guitar I got him for Christmas, stayed up till three playing, then was back up again at 7 to play it some more. I wrapped the concertina and told James that was a present he could give me. James immediately recognized the Morse coming out of the box and said, Wow! That's a nice one! As soon as I played it a little, he had his eyes fastened on it and wanted to try it out. I think the only concertina he's ever held in his hands was Lou Killen's Aeola, who let James try it out once when he was about 14. It had taken me three days to figure out the melody line for The Leaving of Liverpool ... Amazingly, it took James just twenty minutes of fiddling with the concertina to start playing The Leaving of Liverpool -- complete with chords. Should I give him a concertina for his birthday?

Happy music-making to everybody! This has been a happy holiday!

Should I give him a concertina for his birthday?

As I've said before, lucky lad that!

Barbara, The Tales of Narnia was pretty good. I went in not expecting much, but was pleasantly suprised. Mr. Tumnis was worth the whole ride. Having teenage Goths, I will not be spared being "Konged." <_<

The concertina did add something to my holiday.

I have had an extremely quiet season, as I wrecked my car at low speed in a snow storm several weeks ago and spent some time thereafter walking everywhere. As a result, I didn't get to do any of my usual music for an audience this time of year - playing concertina, playing brass, even singing along or going to the local tuba Christmas with my euphonium, because I live in a rural town with the typical American lack of public transit. I now have a car, but wanted to drive it for a few days as a test before travelling many hours to visit relatives.

So I was home this weekend. To have something to open today, last night I wrapped up my Dipper (which came last February). Today I opened it, and it was fun all over again!

Once I had a car I did go into Pittsburgh the other night and saw "Narnia" with someone I know. Good fun. I thought Tilda Swinton stole it, a truly icy witch.

Ken