The Concertina Diaries

3 replies to this topic

#1 RonnyB

RonnyB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:02 AM

Just started to learn Anglo concertina and came across this great teaching book for Irish music,It has 47 tunes to learn and is very easy to understand written by Heather Greer.

check it out Ron

#2 Heather

Heather

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

I'm glad if you're finding "The Concertina Diaries" useful, Ron.

It's selling well to learners around the world as well as in shops and online to Irish concertina learners, and getting great feedback, which is very gratifying.

A couple of days ago, Dick S from the UK emailed me to say "What a treasure this book has proved to be...".  Robin T emailed me a short while ago saying: "Progress is being made (albeit slowly) thanks to your really good book. Our local friend Jan S bought one too after hearing about mine,..."  And if I might mention Ron: "Just received the Concertina Diaries book and have to say what a great book,I can see a lot of work has gone into this book and it will be  so much help to me ,I have other books on the concertina but not a patch on this one."

It's really great when people buying the "Diaries" find it useful. We're just going into the 4th printing; and during the winter I intend to produce a 2nd Edn., which will have material on working the bellows - as important, really, as learning the various button options for a given tune/sequence..

For anyone who is interested, our online website is www.IrishTunebook.com (there are other tunebooks, including "Ten Years of Tunes", which includes 419 (!) tunes in musical notation and in ABC. Many are given in 'sets', which we play out regularly and have stood the test of time. The concertina part of the website includes some additional tunes in the same concertina notation as The Concertina Diaries (plus dots and ABC of course), and notes on various aspects of playing. I intend to add a lot to these downloadable 'extras' in the coming weeks and months.

So: thank you for the comment on concertina.net, which I've only just seen and am grateful for.

Best wishes

Heather

#3 Heather

Heather

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

Oh, and I should have added that our Facebook page is Trad For All. Do check it out.

Heather

#4 Craftydab

Craftydab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

As I have been mentioned in dispatches I write to say that I am indeed the Dick S from the uk and can confirm the comments attributed to me by Heather. A fine instruction book I only wish I had enough time left to learn the all the tunes!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users