Forums Upgraded

Why does my local time show as american/canadian time ??? And not GMT -1hour. ??

Chas

Hey Fidjit

Funny mine was the opposite showed GMT and not US EDT :blink: . Oh well and easy fix. My Controls, then the left side bar at the bottom Board Settings. The first option is Your Base Timezone.

Thanks

Leo

Aha ! DIY I see. Done that. Thanks Leo

Chas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....means that they test and code for recent versions of the major browsers, so we're talking IE and FireFox. Please try these... they work fine for me.
Drop down menus still don't work for me (FF 2.0.0.6). I checked my tools/options and can find no unusual settings. Is anyone else with FF having this problem?

-- Rich --

Hi Rich,

Are you on Mac or Win?

Paul

....means that they test and code for recent versions of the major browsers, so we're talking IE and FireFox. Please try these... they work fine for me.
Drop down menus still don't work for me (FF 2.0.0.6). I checked my tools/options and can find no unusual settings. Is anyone else with FF having this problem?

-- Rich --

There appears to have been a number of changes to how photos are stored and organized, and also to the whole user profile system; again, to make it better suited to the suite of offerings which now go beyond a straight forums system, and also to keep it up to date with other community systems out there (the movement towards "friends" and not just contact lists).

So do go into the various profile options and try things out...

Paul

Why does my local time show as american/canadian time ??? And not GMT -1hour. ??

Chas

Hey Fidjit

Funny mine was the opposite showed GMT and not US EDT :blink: . Oh well and easy fix. My Controls, then the left side bar at the bottom Board Settings. The first option is Your Base Timezone.

Thanks

Leo

Aha ! DIY I see. Done that. Thanks Leo

Chas

Hmmm... same as me. And same FF version too. Very bizarre.

I wonder if you have some security option turned off that I have turned on? These must be something... I'll submit a support ticket to Invision to see if they can pinpoint it...

Paul

Hi Rich, Are you on Mac or Win?
Windoze XP Pro.

-- Rich

Here's what Invision said:

"Firefox has this real bad habit of caching javascript.. I think what has happened is that they have the old 2.1.x javascript cached.. Have them clear their browser cache and try again, because they are working properly for me as well."

Give it a try...

Paul

Hmmm... same as me. And same FF version too. Very bizarre.

I wonder if you have some security option turned off that I have turned on? These must be something... I'll submit a support ticket to Invision to see if they can pinpoint it...

Paul

Hi Rich, Are you on Mac or Win?
Windoze XP Pro.

-- Rich

"Firefox has this real bad habit of caching javascript.. I think what has happened is that they have the old 2.1.x javascript cached.. Have them clear their browser cache and try again, because they are working properly for me as well."

Give it a try...

That did it! The drop-downs work just great now - thanks for troubleshooting this!

-- Rich --

Also fixed the problem for me in SeaMonkey.

No surprise after it worked for Rich in FireFox, since both FireFox and SeaMonkey come from the Mozilla folks.

Interesting, though, that something as basic as drop-down menus simply becomes non-functional between JavaScript versions. I wonder if there are any other features similarly affected, that we hadn't yet stumbled across. And I wonder how many other web applications suffer similar problems, and their developers unaware that JavaScript versioning is involved.

Oh, well. Those are geek questions, aren't they?.

Now I'm finding I have to log into the forum every time I use it from my home computer. I was ready to accept that I had to do it when the new software was introduced, and again when I reset my cache, but it just happened again, and nothing has changed since I was here earlier.

I am certain that the "remember me" box was checked.

Are others having the same problem?

Now I'm finding I have to log into the forum every time I use it from my home computer. I was ready to accept that I had to do it when the new software was introduced, and again when I reset my cache, but it just happened again, and nothing has changed since I was here earlier.

I am not familiar with AOL's version 10 browser for Mac but I suppose your log in trouble might be caused by cookie setting.

If your browser set not to accept cookies from concertina.net and/or to reset cookies after each session, you have to log in each time even if the remember me box was checked. And if you have reset cache and cookies, same thing will happen.

Sorry if it doesn't help...

--

Taka

Try deleting the Concertina.net cookies to make sure they're not corrupted.

I stay logged in fine, but if you're trying to stay logged in from two different IP addresses (one computer at work, one at home), that could be the problem... new security settings try to prevent this to avoid certain potential account hijacking situations.

Paul

I am not familiar with AOL's version 10 browser for Mac but I suppose your log in trouble might be caused by cookie setting.

If your browser set not to accept cookies from concertina.net and/or to reset cookies after each session, you have to log in each time even if the remember me box was checked. And if you have reset cache and cookies, same thing will happen.

Sorry if it doesn't help...

--

Taka

Ah, you're using AOL... that's the problem. I'll enable a setting that should help you.

Paul

Are others having the same problem?

A different sort of problem:

When viewing posts, one can access a member's Profile and associated member information by clicking on the member. Before this upgrade, clicking on the name took one directly to the Profile page. Now, clicking on the name produces a drop-down list of things to access, including "View Member Profile", "Find Member's Posts", and "Find Member's Topics". So far, so good, and they all work fine.

The problem actually comes on the member's Profile page, where there are tabs for viewing different member-associated content, including "Posts" and "Topics". The format is different from "Find Member's Posts" and "Find Member's Topics", but that's OK. The problem is that the tabs display only the few most recent of either Topics or Posts, with apparently no way -- neither scrolling nor links to additional pages -- to access the rest, or even to know that there
are
others.

IMO, that's a bug. I hope and even suspect that Invision will agree.

Hi Jim

A way that seems to work: From a post in a thread click on the persons name, then drop down menu has find posts and topics directly without going to profile. Seems to work ok. If I remember a post made by Mr. XYZ then find his name in the members list, and the drop down menu would be the same way. Doesn't seem to work from the active members list or profile, only in a post.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

A way that seems to work: From a post in a thread click on the persons name, then drop down menu has find posts and topics directly without going to profile. Seems to work ok.

Yep, that's part of what I said.

Doesn't seem to work from the active members list or profile, only in a post.

As you say, it doesn't work -- or doesn't work adequately, IMO -- directly from a member's Profile.

Thanks for mentioning "the active members list". I've now discovered that in such a list in the "Members" section one can click on a member's name and get a dropdown list that includes "Find Member's Posts"... but "Find Member's Topics" is not an option there. It's that sort of inconsistency that I find frustrating. (I also think it's bad programming practice, since it suggests that there are two separate programs to do "the same" thing, with a danger that in a future upgrade or bug fix, one might be updated and the other not.)

I find it strange that one can't access the full information on a member's Profile page -- what I would think of as the primary source, -- and that to access the full list of a member's Topics one first has to find a Topic in which they've posted, since it appears that that is the only place where "Find Member's Posts" both appears and gives access to the entire history.

Jim,

It's right there in the Member's Profile too... just click the "Options" drop-down near the top left (under the photo). Tabs on top are a quick way to see most recent activity without having to dig deeper.

Paul

A way that seems to work: From a post in a thread click on the persons name, then drop down menu has find posts and topics directly without going to profile. Seems to work ok.

Yep, that's part of what I said.

Doesn't seem to work from the active members list or profile, only in a post.

As you say, it doesn't work -- or doesn't work adequately, IMO -- directly from a member's Profile.

Thanks for mentioning "the active members list". I've now discovered that in such a list in the "Members" section one can click on a member's name and get a dropdown list that includes "Find Member's Posts"... but "Find Member's Topics" is not an option there. It's that sort of inconsistency that I find frustrating. (I also think it's bad programming practice, since it suggests that there are two separate programs to do "the same" thing, with a danger that in a future upgrade or bug fix, one might be updated and the other not.)

I find it strange that one can't access the full information on a member's Profile page -- what I would think of as the primary source, -- and that to access the full list of a member's Topics one first has to find a Topic in which they've posted, since it appears that that is the only place where "Find Member's Posts" both appears and gives access to the entire history.