For Sale Antique Anglo C.jeffries Concertina

AntheaM

The instrument pictured here is:

Antique Concertina with makers mark on one end:

C.Jeffries

Maker

38 notes/basses

Patterned fillagree metal on both ends with the hand rest and leather. All in good condition.

No damage to the internal reeds. In really good condition for its age ... i do not know how to play it personally, but the notes work and it sounds really lovely (I would so love to hear someone play this little beauty properly)... it only shows some wear to the outer edges of the external leather on two corners, probably due to sitting.

I am not exactly sure... but I think the key may be C/F (i play many musical instruments, including a piano accordion, but never did learn the concertina)

Approx size: 150mm or 6 inches tall when closed completely.

Leather case still in good condition Unfortunately the leather hinge attaching the lid to the bottom part of the case has come away ... in fact - it happened since I took the photos (which shows it still joined) ... The lid is still sitting perfectly on top of the case and I do not imagine it would be hard to fix... more photos can be supplied... Lining showing some wear. Approx size 190mm or 7 1/2 inches tall and approx 200mm or 8 inches in diameter or width.

Our family owned a music shop in the 1950's in Perth, and this instrument was one of many lovely old instruments that came to us through trade ins etc. We used to keep them on display in the shop and then when my parents retired, the instruments were stored.

We have researched this instrument and understand that it is the best and most sought after.. our asking price is £5,000 GBP ( which works out to approx. $8,100 AUD or $6,255 USD)

Our location is Perth, Western Australia, and any Postage/Shipping/Insurance costs will have to be calculated and added to the purchase price for the purchaser to pay.

Anyone interested can either respond here or you are welcome to email me on artist@anthea-m.com if you prefer. Also - I had so many pictures, and the allowance here was nowhere near big enough... I have done a collage - again, anyone interested only has to ask and I will send the full size pics to their email, no problems at all :-)

post-12450-0-12448000-1487860456_thumb.png

Edited by AntheaM