Scandinavian Squeeze-In - Who's Going?

I may be a bit repetitive, here's the same question as I posted last year. We're soon in April (thank goodness), the month of the SSI. Who'll be there this year? Will there be any fellow anglo players?

I'm looking forward to the big weekend!

I fancy it - when is it exactly?

April 28-30. (It's always the last full weekend in April.)

Details are here.

I've just sent you an email with a bit more information (e.g., transportation from Stockholm), and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the April 2 BA session, if not before. :)

I may be a bit repetitive, here's the same question as I posted last year. We're soon in April (thank goodness), the month of the SSI. Who'll be there this year? Will there be any fellow anglo players?

Hej Susanne. I'm still struggling with the repercussions of multiple computer failures, but the SSI is progressing nicely. I'll send you an email with more details about who all are coming (several that you know).

So far we have bookings from England, Scotland, Holland, and Denmark, as well as Sweden, and I'm waiting on replies from some others. I do expect at least a couple more anglo players as well as some melodeon/durspel folks, and I'll be bringing my own anglos as well as my Englishes and various duets.

(For anyone who may not yet know what we're talking about, here is our web site.)

I fancy it - when is it exactly?

April 28-30. (It's always the last full weekend in April.)

Details are here.

I've just sent you an email with a bit more information (e.g., transportation from Stockholm), and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the April 2 BA session, if not before. :)

Thanks Jim - and yes, I expect to be at BA on 2 April - so see you then.

Edited by SteveS

I can't make it this year, but I'd be interested in a future year.

That would be great.

As noted above, it's always the last full weekend in April. So in 2018, it will be April 27-29. And our web site will be the same, but I also expect to announce it here.

Hej Susanne. I'm still struggling with the repercussions of multiple computer failures, but the SSI is progressing nicely. I'll send you an email with more details about who all are coming (several that you know).

So far we have bookings from England, Scotland, Holland, and Denmark, as well as Sweden, and I'm waiting on replies from some others. I do expect at least a couple more anglo players as well as some melodeon/durspel folks, and I'll be bringing my own anglos as well as my Englishes and various duets.

(For anyone who may not yet know what we're talking about, here is our web site.)

That sounds great, Jim. I can't say I'm much better with playing than last year (I always have big ambitions but stress always comes in between), but it would be a great inspiration to meet some anglo players. Maybe then we could have an anglo workshop too.

• 2 weeks later...

The deadline for booking a place at this year's SSI has been extended to Monday, April 17 (a week frorm today).

The weekend is shaping up nicely with a good variety of instruments and styles represented.

Edited by JimLucas