Ccad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David, I am humbled. I bow to the Master.

I will have to tell Julie (It's her chocolate, although I was hoping she wouldn't find out I posted a picture of it).

Not satisfied with my lovely Jeffries, I have recently acquired a Mayfair English, to satisfy my yearning to become "bilingual".
With two tongues can you eat twice as much chocolate? :P :P Edited by David Barnert

So if you keep taking odd instruments over to your buddy's house and pressing them upon him are you guilty of aiding and abetting an addictive habit?

Surely there must be laws about that.

Well, at the very least it certainly qualifies as being an enabler.

:)

Steven

Oh golly I AM NOT checking out the site with the experimental musical instruments. Good grief, I already want way too much stuff. I think I am becoming suggestible.  Maybe I have been hypnotized while on line, maybe ...

Oh, go ahead, Helen. You know you want to. Just one look can't hurt, can it? ;)

Edited by Mark Stayton

Talking of small living spaces and musical instruments, I live on a narrow boat and have just inherited an E flat Bass Tuba! (it's got to live with me of course)

Goodness - I know at least 2 other concertina players that live on narrow boats in the NW of England ... maybe there's an acronym for that as well!

:o

Goodness - I know at least 2 other concertina players that live on narrow boats in the NW of England

The concrtina really suits Narrowboat living. (unlike theTuba!) By the way I live in the north Midlands, so not far from your friends.

I wonder, is it narrowboaters that like concertinas, or concertina players that like narrowboats?

Thank you, Derek, I eagerly await the picture.

Course if you don't have power on the boat, you could always snail mail me a picture!

Lived on the boat long?

Helen

If people don't like the tuba playing, do they dunk you? With the tuba?

If you have answered yes to 3 or more of the above questions you are in grave danger of slipping into Concertina Compulsive Aquisitive Disorder.

Why stop at concertinas? Expand your horizons, join the ranks of those of us with the dreaded..

Multiple Instrument Acquisition Disorder

When Capitol One asks "What's in YOUR wallet?", do like I do. Say "Nothing. But you should see my music room!" :D

Yes. That describes me too. the Ccad is a subset of Miriad or whatever we call it...Hey! Is that a set of Northumbrian Small Pipes in your avatar? I don't own a set of those yet, but I really like the way they sound!

No, No , no, I really need to buy a new car in 2005. No pipes yet! But wait, I think I have a link to a site of some folks who build them for less that a concertina...hmm.

Instead of getting a new car, maybe I should get a new job that is accessible via public transportation. Yes, that way I can buy more instruments...

Oh, Alex,

I am so glad that I gave you strength. Now about finding a job we can get to on public transportation, with the sole purpose of freeing up money to buy even more instruments, what an enlightened idea.

Yes yes, good thought.

Helen

Hey! Is that a set of Northumbrian Small Pipes in your avatar?  I don't own a set of those yet, but I really like the way they sound!

Hi Alex,

Yes, it's an F set made by Richard and Anita Evans. But beware, Northumbrian pipes only cause more MIAD. I started with a 7-key chanter. Then I commissioned a 14-key chanter. (I still have the 7-key). Now I want a chanter in G so I can play with others.

And then there's the half set of uilleann pipes. And the Cornish double pipes I received in October...

My name is Mark, and I have MIAD.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... B)

You may (or not) be interested to know that this conversation has been carried over to the ICA members mailing list. this has produced the confession of an advanced condition:

AKMIAD

All Kinds of Musical Instrument Aquisition disorder.

While most appear to find the exchange harmless if not entertaining we do have one 'gentleman' who seems to find it out of order:-

"Excuse me for annoying you again but please tell me on what grounds you believe that these self-contemplating egocentric confessions about various individual obsessions may have the height of importance to motivate a public

correspondance that very unlikely may possess any chance promoting neither "the

concertina" nor any knowledge about it among the recipients? "

end-quote.

Cnet colleagues so far seem to be spared this adverse change of tone. May that continue.

- john

"Excuse me for annoying you again but please tell me on what grounds you believe that these self-contemplating egocentric confessions about various individual obsessions may have the height of importance to motivate a public

correspondance that very unlikely may possess any chance promoting neither "the concertina" nor any knowledge about it among the recipients? "

end-quote.

I make it a practice never to take offense at anything I can't understand ...

Chris