British Pathe News

I went around to a friends house this morning and as I walked in the door he said "Come and have a look at this"

There is a new site available showing old British Pathe News clips these were usually shown at Cinemas between the then two films being shown.This was usually the news at the time but also included short clips of news and articles of interest.The bit Jim(not our Jim) was excited about was a Miners Rapper dance with Anglo concertina accompaniment.He also told me that he has found a Percy Honri clip playing duet with his daughter who is playing I think accordion.I know some of you thrive on these sites and are also able to put up "click here" notes for other people to visit.This site will keep you busy for hours.

Look up "The Miners Dance"

www(dot )itnarchive ( dot )com/britishpathe/

The site was playing up when I watched it this morning about triple speed but even then the Miners formed the perfect sword lock at the end without dropping them.

Al :)

Thanks Alan. I am just about to watch my first Pathe News (now buffering with 25% completed). I hope to be watching George Formby soon.

The concertina.net forum is great for finding out all sorts of things (not necessarily about concertinas)

I haven't yet looked for this site,but others may remeber it was posted in ?? 2001 or 2002 featuring the Wheatsone company showing their production process and Harry Minting playing an exquisite Amboyna English piccolo.I've searched the archives on this site but nothing comes up.Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Rapper Sword is played and danced at a breakneck speed and woe betide a side that doesn't end with a good "lock". Mind you, the swords do have handles at both ends which helps, and I've often seen the carrier of the locked swords holding on to more swords that he should to keep it together! ;)

Richard from your link I typed in Coal miners dance and got the clip I was telling you about.

Edited to say, Sorry about the British bit that was how it was given to me and it also appears not to be so new as Jim thought it was.

Ta

Al

Edited by Alan Day