Wakker/crabb G/d Anglo

SqueezeCat

Wakker/Crabb GD Anglo

One of a kind Wakker/Crabb GD Anglo with 31 keys. This instrument is a Wakker rebuild from the salvaged elements (reeds, reed pans, action) of an antique Crabb. Wakker saved the maker's cartouche which reads: H. Crabb, Maker 158 Liverpool Rd, London. This suggests the original instrument was made between 1903 and 1923/26. The instrument has a beautiful amboyna carcas and seven fold bellows. As expected from top quality period reeds, the voice sings strongly and clearly. Additionally, this is the lightest and most responsive GD concertina I've ever had the pleasure to play.

The restoration was commissioned by Chris Algar, from whom I acquired the instrument. Wakker's restoration/rebuild is of a very high standard; this is a beautiful and remarkable combination of antique and modern.

The instrument comes with a modern case.

Thinning the Anglo side of the herd as I'm now concentrating on my Wicki/Hayden instrument. And, am feeling this fantastic instrument should be regularly enjoyed.

The usual cnet donation applies!

Asking Price: £6300.00

Keyboard: Crabb key layout G_D.pdf

Photos:

P1040914.JPG
P1040923.JPG
P1040920.JPG
P1040917.JPG
P1040906.JPG
P1040908.JPG
P1040909.JPG
P1040912.JPG
P1040924.JPG
P1040905.JPG
P1040904.JPG

Edited by SqueezeCat

Absolutely beautiful and with that pedegree I am sure it will sound just as good! Good luck sewlling it

Can I ask where you got the soft carry case that goes around the hard case? This looks a really useful bit of kit (and perhaps closer to my spending power!). Many thanks, in advance.

Absolutely beautiful and with that pedegree I am sure it will sound just as good! Good luck sewlling it

Can I ask where you got the soft carry case that goes around the hard case? This looks a really useful bit of kit (and perhaps closer to my spending power!). Many thanks, in advance.

I agree and would second the idea of getting a soft case to fit around a hard case... especially if one has a nice original Leather case with a vintage instrument.

Can I ask where you got the soft carry case that goes around the hard case? This looks a really useful bit of kit (and perhaps closer to my spending power!).

Excellent question! My cheeky wife says buy the concertina and the cover comes free. :-) (I've been saying concertinas have now't to do with her.)

I've had a look through my records and haven't found a receipt, unfortunately. I remember calling around and expect I got it through either The Music Room (http://www.the-music-room.com) or Hobgoblin (http://www.hobgoblin.com). Yes, so when I bought the cover I didn't find any listed in a catalogue on a web page--but did have some luck with a few phone calls to shops dealing in concertinas.

And... The phoning around was suggested by someone at my local session who did have a cover, but couldn't remember where they'd got it.... Hope this helps!

I got one some years ago from the music room. It is now showing signs of wear. I contacted the music room about getting another, but they apparently do not stock them anymore.

- John Wild

• 1 month later...